Darned Screwy Time (DST)

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
ytliek
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: Darned Screwy Time (DST)

Post by ytliek »

I asked my brother to change the clock in the Ford Explorer (2005) and it took him forty minutes, really. :D That why I don't mess with time as I'm a complete ludite. :D

BTW, its not cool to mess with mother nature... just saying.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Nature couldn't give a flying biscuit when it comes to us measuring time. Well, except where we drag nature into the artifice. I recall a farmer's complaint about DST to the effect that it confuses the cows. Seriously? Who says you can't milk them an hour "later" for the duration? Some people's kids...
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

benhall.1 wrote:It's another couple of weeks before we change our time.
That's the other thing, it's not even standard. I should be able to look up a place and timezone and know better than +/- 3 hours of what time it is. Last time the government switched the time, the auto update on my computer was such that it didn't recognise the new change and issued the old changes. Ended up with several changes that were not correct.
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
Brus

Post by Brus »

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur. (Anything is more impressive if you say it in Latin)