It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 11:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:07 pm 

Hello C&Fers near and far, old and new. I took a break and I'm back now, if just to poke my furry head in every once in a while. I play a number of instruments, all poorly, but it keeps me happy! Most recently I started playing Basel piccolo and marching with Americlique, a Swiss styled piccolo and drum group based here in CT. I was a bit aghast that they expected me to play strictly by the dots :shock:

My whistling fell a bit by the wayside. My Irish music fell WAY away, partly due to the subsequent deaths of 'my three old men', Eddie Burke, Tom Walsh, and PV O'Donnell. I keep plugging away at the folk music.

In the past I did shipping for Ralph Sweet of Sweetheart Flutes, and now ship for Joe/Jos/Joseph Mornealt of Musique Morneaux (see other recent posts for the intricacies) as well as weave, tend exotic pets (mine and othes), and have long and meaningful conversations with Alexa over what constitutes a good radio channel for folk music.

How are things going here??

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:03 pm 
Moderatorer

It's a lot slower in the Pub than it used to be. Looks like folks would rather get their jollies on Facebook these days. Obviously, I'm one of the holdouts.

The rest of the Board is plugging away pretty much the same as ever. :)

"An anti-lunacy gadget would be nice..." - Nano