AE Aurigae and the Flaming Star Nebula

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
daveboling
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

AE Aurigae and the Flaming Star Nebula

Post by daveboling »

One of the things I always looked forward to when getting on the C&F board was seeing the latest NASA APOD image posted by Denny. I never thanked him for the effort he took to post each image link, but I hope I can continue posting for others to enjoy (insert "The Parting Glass" from "Waking Ned Devine" here).

dave boling
I teleported home one night
With Ron and Sid and Meg.
Ron stole Meggie's heart away
And I got Sidney's leg.
-- Douglas Adams

'Bundinn er bátlaus maðu'.
Caroluna
antispam: No

Re: AE Aurigae and the Flaming Star Nebula

Post by Caroluna »

Thank you -- I was hoping someone would do this!

I had never even heard of the APoD before coming to C & F, and Denny got me interested in the whole thing. I had also never heard of TED talks, and now I listen to them every week.

For someone who lived on a horsefarm out in the boonies (and gave his job description as "sh*t slinger :lol: ), he had really wide-ranging interests. 8)

If I remember right, Denny also belonged to a hiking forum, where he posted some gorgeous examples of his nature photography. The view from his house had spectacular mountains -- I remember seeing his pictures but I don't know which mountains they were. I bet somebody can fill us in on that.

It's going to take me a long time for it to really sink in that he's not coming back. :boggle: I keep expecting Denny to chime in on the thread. :cry:
izzarina
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by izzarina »

Thank you so much, Dave. This means more than you know.
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
izzarina
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by izzarina »

(but don't ask me to click on the picture...I never would. I always tried to get Denny to explain it to me, without my clicking. I'm lazy :lol: )
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.