Geek Oracle: Automotive Division

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
missy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Geek Oracle: Automotive Division

Post by missy »

Paul wrote:Dale, your Fit is telling you that you need to trade it in on a Honda Element. Cars are funny that way sometimes.
Is the Element the one that looks like it's made out of Legos?
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
Doug_Tipple
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

Dale, it sounds as if the dealership has fixed the problem as good as can reasonably be expected. As has already been mentioned by others, there may have been structural damage to the chassis of the vehicle that the dealership is not qualified to repair. However, since the car seems to be working OK now, I would continue to drive it while at the same time keeping my eyes and ears open for a reoccurance of the problem that you described. I think that it is possible for physical stresses in the chassis due to the incident with the concrete block to equalize with time as you drive the car. If the problem does reoccur in the near future, I would think about trading in the car, as others have suggested.

As an aside, my father had an allignment rack, and he also straightened vehicle frames. I remember being under cars, attaching chains and hydraulic jacks, to get the frames back in allignment. But that was in the day that cars had frames. On modern cars with unitized bodies it is difficult to put Humpty back together again, even with all the Kings horses and all the King's men.
Paul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Paul »

missy wrote:
Paul wrote:Dale, your Fit is telling you that you need to trade it in on a Honda Element. Cars are funny that way sometimes.
Is the Element the one that looks like it's made out of Legos?
Yes, it is. I got one about a year and a half ago. I love it.
Jayhawk
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well, just trying to update my avatar after a decade. Hope this counts! Ok, so apparently I must babble on longer.

Post by Jayhawk »

Dale - I suffered through the new Transformers movie for my 10 year old son the other day. We both should have bought Chevy Aveos instead of the Fit and Versa. I didn't realize the Aveos were transformers. They're sure tough, and seem to self repair. Which leads me to the following theory (I've been thinking hard about this)...

Perhaps your Fit is a Transformer, too, albeit one without a movie tie-in. Perhaps it is healing itself a bit each day. Try talking to it, make it feel comfortable, and perhaps it will transform for you one day. Do not be surprised if it's a hip, street talking car, though, as all small Transformers appear to be that way.

If, and this is probably unlikely, it does NOT transform for you, try to sell it based upon the fact that it likely is a transformer...just because you couldn't coax it out of it's shell doesn't mean someone else couldn't.

Eric