Planxty Songbook 1976.pdf

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
fyffer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Planxty Songbook 1976.pdf

Post by fyffer »

So what was the verdict? I want it too! Only if it's legal to share it, of course, which it most likely is not. :(
___\|/______________________________
|___O____|_O_O_o_|_o_O__O__|_O__O__|
djm

Post by djm »

It's been out of print for 35 years. Who's to say?

Still anxiously awaiting my copy. :)

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
peeplj

Post by peeplj »

If it's a real pdf, I'd sure like a copy too, please.

If you email it to me, I'll open it up in a linux virtual machine sandbox and see what it really is.

--James
http://www.flutesite.com

-------
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending" --Carl Bard
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

It's been out of print for 35 years. Who's to say?
I bought it in 1977 and managed to locate it again in the attic when it was mentioned here a few years ago.

As Dubh said: if you haven't figured out what's in it by now, the book isn't going to save you. Poor, at least awkward, notations of tunes and a number of song with melody line. That's all there's to it.

Much more interesting is a little hardcover, nicely illustrated book with songs from Andy Irivine's repertoire that was printed in 1988 in Germany which I swiped off e-bay a few months ago for a fiver or so (it was part of a batch of three books that cost €12 in all, nobody else put in a bid).
CountyClaire
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am a 2nd generation Irish-American. In the midst of getting my dual citizenship and learning as much irish music as possible.

Post by CountyClaire »

[Thread revival. - Mod]

Any chance I could get a copy of the Planxty Songbook .PDF? Im arranging music for guitar ensemble and would love to do a Planxty set. The book would help.
s1m0n
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by s1m0n »

Rereading this frankenthread, it seems that I was the only poster who admitted to having a copy. That was several hard drives ago, and I no longer have it.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

it seems that I was the only poster who admitted to having a copy.
Not really, my former forum identity that for some reason changed its name in a server crash (that one was never really explained satisfactory), confessed on 03 Mar 2009, 16:54 to having a copy of the book.
My brain hurts

kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

In 2014, C&F member "pancelticpiper" (southern California) claimed to have the physical book. As did member "david_h"
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=97064

You missed a recent copy on eBay Ireland
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Planxty-songbook ... SwtnpXmgdi
david_h

Post by david_h »

kkrell wrote: As did member "david_h"
I had spotted this thread revival but was keeping quiet because scanning it is still on the 'To Do' list.

As others have suggested, it may be a disappointment.
colomon
Tell us something.: Whistle player, aspiring C#/D accordion and flute player, and aspiring tunesmith. Particularly interested in the music of South Sligo and Newfoundland. Inspired by the music of Peter Horan, Fred Finn, Rufus Guinchard, Emile Benoit, and Liz Carroll.

I've got some compositions up at http://www.harmonyware.com/tunes/SolsTunes.html

Post by colomon »

dubhlinn wrote:I can't believe that anybody around here would want the alleged item.

If you don't know every word, note and breath by now..you're in the wrong game.

Slan,
D. :-?
I know this is probably mostly tongue-in-cheek, but for what it's worth, I'm pretty sure you could count the number of times I've listened to a Planxty album on your fingers, even if you've been so unfortunate as to have lost a few of them.

Now Music of Sligo or Kitty Lie Over, those are albums I've listened to hundreds of times...
Sol's Tunes (new tune 2/2020)
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

And the prize for shoehorning Peter Horan into (almost) every possible thread goes to...

My brain hurts