Planxty Songbook 1976.pdf

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
s1m0n
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Planxty Songbook 1976.pdf

Post by s1m0n »

Did someone who's email address I don't recognise just send me an attachment by this name?

If you did, thank you, but please let me know - there's an unpatched Adobe Reader exploit out there in the wild blue internets, so I'm reluctant to download or open a .pdf I wasn't expecting.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
FJohnSharp
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Re: Planxty Songbook 1976.pdf

Post by FJohnSharp »

That would be a pretty narrowly targeted attack with that file name. I mean how many people in the world would even know what Planxty is, let alone want to open a file with a Planxty songbook.
s1m0n

Post by s1m0n »

FJohnSharp wrote:That would be a pretty narrowly targeted attack with that file name. I mean how many people in the world would even know what Planxty is, let alone want to open a file with a Planxty songbook.
Yeah. The coverage of this exploit does say that it's a targetted attack, although I'm certainly nothing like a "high-ranking" person!
The assaults target a zero-day flaw in Adobe's program, which means there isn't yet any patch available. According to Symantec the attacks currently focus on "high-ranking people within different organizations," and though the company isn't directly confirming the method, the announcement appears to describe an attack that uses a .pdf e-mail attachment. Symantec did say " the simplest way to spread this threat is to send it as an e-mail attachment."

I expect that as a targeted attack using a zero-day, the e-mails in question would be convincing and well-crafted. If the attack is successful, it will install a Trojan onto the victim machine. The malware is capable of giving remote-control access to the attackers, Symantec says, and the end goal may be the theft of corporate documents.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
FJohnSharp
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

It would have to be someone who knows you well enough to know your interest in Irish music. This is kind of creepy.
djm
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by djm »

But if it turns out to be a valid .pdf I'd like a copy, please. :)

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

djm wrote:But if it turns out to be a valid .pdf I'd like a copy, please. :)

djm
Ooh, ooh, me too, please. :)
FJohnSharp

Post by FJohnSharp »

Hellz yeah.
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

maybe that's the plan of the virus. you end up inundated with pm's of "me too's."
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
Denny

Post by Denny »

so forward it to someone brave enough to open it! :twisted:
Jayhawk
Tell us something.: Well, just trying to update my avatar after a decade. Hope this counts! Ok, so apparently I must babble on longer.

Post by Jayhawk »

I want one, too. I'll open it in fox-it reader...If the issue is with adobe, it shouldn't be a problem using another reader unless it, too, has the same problem.

The nature of the pdf does seem too specific for it to be a random virus.

Eric
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

I can't believe that anybody around here would want the alleged item.

If you don't know every word, note and breath by now..you're in the wrong game.

Slan,
D. :-?
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Cunning! Very, very cunning!
Cotelette d'Agneau
s1m0n

Post by s1m0n »

Appears to be genuine.

C.S. Lewis
buddhu

Post by buddhu »

dubhlinn wrote:I can't believe that anybody around here would want the alleged item.

Slan,
:lol:
And whether the blood be highland, lowland or no.
And whether the skin be black or white as the snow.
Of kith and of kin we are one, be it right, be it wrong.
As long as our hearts beat true to the lilt of a song.
FJohnSharp

Post by FJohnSharp »

dubhlinn wrote:I can't believe that anybody around here would want the alleged item.

Slan,
Yes but when I want my friends to play 'Frost is All Over' just like the Planxty version I need to give them the music. Actually Eileen Ivers plays that version too I recently learned.