Charlie Brown Redux

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Charlie Brown Redux

Post by Dale »

This is one of the crowing cultural achievements of this century. So far.

http://thetravisty.com/Just_Cool/mov/He ... _Brown.htm
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

Oh dear...hope I'm not hi jacking here...

but it was my understanding that when Schultz died there would be no more Peanuts. Well, my paper still publishes the strip daily. They kicked Sally back to infancy. Someone else drawing them? Recycling? (if they're going to recycle, I can think of a few other strips I'd prefer seeing).

(if anyone considers this to be a hijack, let me know and I'll delete)
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
emmline
antispam: No

Post by emmline »

The newspaper Peanuts strips are reruns.

I found myself trying to decide which of the characters' dance moves I'd most want to emulate. So far I'm leaning toward either Violet or the twins.
Tony
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

According to the credits... It was done without permission.
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Tyghress wrote:it was my understanding that when Schultz died there would be no more Peanuts. Well, my paper still publishes the strip daily. They kicked Sally back to infancy. Someone else drawing them? Recycling? (if they're going to recycle, I can think of a few other strips I'd prefer seeing).
They began rerunning the daily strips when he was still alive. This was what he wanted, rather than to let someone else take control of the strip. The last of his new Sunday strips (which he continued longer) ran the day he died.

As for this video, it's just footage from the original Peanuts Christmas special. American Broadcasting Companies (owned by Disney) acquired the rights to the television specials, after he died, and continued producing new ones.
Reasonable person
Walden
ketida

Post by ketida »

That was BRILLIANT!
Miwokhill

Post by Miwokhill »

I remember that too...the day he died the last sunday strip ran...kind of made me wonder if...

I remember going ice skating up in Santa Rosa at the rink he owned and one time seeing him there. -The time I liked Peanuts the best though was when i was a kid in the early 60s...We would get those paperback book compilations of the cartoons and at that time they had a magic about them that i feel was lost in later years.
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

I've started collecting the new reissue sets. Each book covers two years of strips. I have the first five. Their goal is to have published every strip by 2016. I'll probably only collect up til 74-75.

Peanuts was always my favorite up until the mid '70's when I started losing track.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
OnlyAnEgg

Post by OnlyAnEgg »

The Hey Ya Charlie Brown has been in my house for over a year, now :) I delight in viraling it everywhere I go. It's a pretty sweet hack.
Helloooooo, Chieftans!

Helloooooo, Brak!