Blackest Dirt: Porcupine Follow Up

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
brewerpaul
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

BTW-- I'd just like to remind people (if a reminder is needed) that the Bialystock pogrom was only one of countless similar horrific events.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
Mitch
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Mitch »

Yes, I think it's vitally important to keep reminding ourselves:

1. People can be lead to murder - resist the call.
2. People can survive the murder and thrive - what does not kill us teaches us much.

There's an old saying in Oz, largely forgotten or destroyed by miss-use and spin doctoring "lest we forget". I think it applies here.

Thanks for sharing this with us Carol - it's heartening to see real magic at work :)
All the best!

mitch
http://www.ozwhistles.com
Daniel_Bingamon

Post by Daniel_Bingamon »

These things continue to happen against people today, whether Jewish, Indigenous, Gypsy, Kurd.... This list goes on an on.

I have commented in a an email to Carol that it seems that many othe the Major key people are persecuting or at war with the Minor key people.

That song was great blessing.
Email - YouTube - Ebay - Website $28 Low-D
Daniel_Bingamon

Re: Blackest Dirt: Porcupine Follow Up

Post by Daniel_Bingamon »

[Thread revival. - Mod]

Yesterday was the memorial of Wounded Knee, which happened Dec 29, 1890.

While none of my direct descendants were from Wounded Knee (there were few survivors).
My Great Grandmother was pulled out of that part of the country in 1868, at one years old. It was shortly after the "Greasy Grass" Incident (known to most of you as Little Bighorn", where George Custer met the end of his existence. That event created a huge famine in the region since the US had destroyed the buffalo and other food sources of the Indians and as a result of Little Bighorn, there was mass starvation. Children during that time were "dropping like flies" as it has been said. Her mother was a Lakota woman and her Father was white. He said, "I'm not going to let my daughter die here", and that is the reason they moved to Ohio with other relatives. They left her here to be raised up be his parents. Although people of that generation are gone, the story is confirmed by the Ohio Census showing a Grand Daughter living at their residence.
The two events are connected because Wounded Knee was a little over 20 year plot to execute revenge on the Lakota Indians (Sioux) by the Seventh Cavalry. Much like the Bialystok Pogram, this too ended up in a mass grave of about 300 people. These type of assaults were cowardly and lacking of civilized warfare as they had no respect for Women and Children - they too were victims in those mass graves of both events and MANY others as Paul has reminded us. In attending a Messianic Jewish Congregation, I have met many people who were survivors of Hitler's Germany and Stalin's Russia, they too have had hard service - it reminds me of Isaiah 40 - which is really prophetic to all the trials that have come to Israel.

Back when I did the fundraising for the Porcupine Clinic (nearby Wounded Knee), is because I could do nothing about what happened in the past, I could however affect things that are taking place. Plus, the creator said to me, "You can do things are bigger than yourself".

Why I'm speaking about this is. You might have vision in your life to do something and maybe it is high and extraordinary but you have no idea how to set it in motion. I want to encourage you (yes, you who are reading this) to go forward, share your vision with the the "Community of good people" That is: Tuwáwa Thiyóšpaye Wašteh (That phrase in quotes in Lakota). You will find that it is not such a great mountain to climb.
Be Blessed.

Also, a great Hebrew Scholar once said, "If you will it, it is no dream".
Email - YouTube - Ebay - Website $28 Low-D