The things kids say ...

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Jerry Freeman
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

The things kids say ...

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Last week, I delivered a house trailer I had sold. Part of the deal is, I build front and back steps, each with a 4' X 4' deck and railings around two sides, and set them up with the trailer. I built the steps on our asphalt driveway.

Tania, 11, stood looking at the two sets of steps she had watched me build and asked, "What happened to that big pile of boards that was here a few days ago?"

About a year ago, Ana, now seven, tried on a sweater that used to belong to Tania. I told her it that Tania had worn that sweater when she was little. Later, I heard Ana say, "Do you know what? When Tania was little, she used to wear MY clothes!"

Best wishes,
Jerry
IDAwHOa
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

Great moments, Jerry.

The other day we were at a garage sale. There was a box of 8 track tapes sitting there. Nathan, our soon to be 11 year old, picked one up. Yup, you can probably guess the next words out of his mouth:

"Dad, what are these things?"

He does know what cassettes and records are though!
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

My then 2.5-year-old was eating dinner one night and puked right after swallowing a bite. She looked down at her shirt, covered with chewed-up corn and said, "The food was inside my tummy, now it's outside my tummy!"
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.