Revenge of the Sith

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
fearfaoin
antispam: No

Post by fearfaoin »

missy wrote:But when it got time for Qui-Gon to die, Noah started having a FIT. Especially in the "funeral" scene. "He's a JEDI MASTER!!! His body shouldn't be there, it should have disappeared when he died to be one with the force. Just like Obi-Won. Just like Yoda. Just like Anakin".
Apparantly, there is a point to that, that will be revealed later.
ooooOOOOoooooOOOooo. Spooky.

The prequels are a bit like Star Trek:DS9... more talking, only occasional action. But it's interesting to go back and rewatch the original trilogy, and realize just how much Lucas had planned the story. e.g., I never noticed the talk at the beginning of Star Wars: A New Hope, about the Emperor finally disbanding the council so that he had total control. It seemed out of context, so I always ignored it, but now it has its place in the story within my head.

This is why Lucas made the second trilogy first, because he knew that the first trilogy wouldn't capture a following the way the second would. Smart move, apparantly.

And, having set an incredible precident for awfulness when the name "Attack of the Clones" was revealed, I am not at all shocked he called it "Revenge of the Sith". Seems almost pleasant at this point.
colomon
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Whistle player, aspiring C#/D accordion and flute player, and aspiring tunesmith. Particularly interested in the music of South Sligo and Newfoundland. Inspired by the music of Peter Horan, Fred Finn, Rufus Guinchard, Emile Benoit, and Liz Carroll.

I've got some compositions up at http://www.harmonyware.com/tunes/SolsTunes.html

Post by colomon »

fearfaoin wrote:Apparantly, there is a point to that, that will be revealed later.
ooooOOOOoooooOOOooo. Spooky.
Which reminds me that Qui-Gon actually has a line of dialogue in Attack of the Clones.... I don't know if I would have noticed, but I watch things with subtitles on when I'm Nordic Tracking, and the disembodied voice during the cut scene (which I didn't notice in the theatre) is clearly labeled Qui-Gon.
Tres
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Tres »

If Lucas would simply agree to release Star Wars on DVD in its original format (or, heck, even the special edition without the Greedo shoots first scene) all would be forgiven (not that I would care any more about the new movies-- I wouldn't, but I would cease to be angry about it all). Otherwise, I maintain that he is a fat head who snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory by messing up one of the world's sure things-- Star Wars! May his whistle go limp and his wookies go bald!

Tres
happyturkeyman

Post by happyturkeyman »

Is it just me or should wookies not live in trees? I always imagined warring tribes on a tundra or something...
We can dance if we want to
We can leave your friends behind
Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance
Well they're no friends of mine.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Tres wrote:I maintain that he is a fat head who snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory by messing up one of the world's sure things-- Star Wars! May his whistle go limp and his wookies go bald!

Tres
:lol: :lol: :lol: