LANCE ARMSTRONG

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
susnfx
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by susnfx »

The media wasn't so filled (or over-filled) with them, at least not that I particularly noticed. Yesterday the home page for MSN had an article entitled "Dress Like Lance - Where to Get the ..." (whatever it is you wear as a cyclist). Blech.

I am, however, at that point with Tiger Woods. It isn't quite so bad now that he's losing frequently, but did you ever notice how no matter who was leading a tournament, the picture to go with the story would be of TW and the headline would read something like, "Woods in 4th place" or "Woods birdies 18th hole" with absolutely no mention of who was actually leading.

Trying to think of a female athlete who's had the pedestal placement and idolization, with the accompanying media madness, to the same degree as these male athletes - can't think of one right off the top of my head.

Susan
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

susnfx wrote:Trying to think of a female athlete who's had the pedestal placement and idolization, with the accompanying media madness, to the same degree as these male athletes - can't think of one right off the top of my head.
Either Williams sister
Its Winter - Gotta learn to play the blues
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

Chuck_Clark wrote:Either Williams sister
YES!
starman

Post by starman »

I thought about entiring the "Live Like Lance" contest but didn't relish the idea of parting with a testicle. :o

Mike

p.s. I'm also a cyclist and would follow the Tour whether Lance was in it or not.
"I never think of the future. It comes soon enough." --Albert Einstein
BoneQuint

Post by BoneQuint »

susnfx wrote:Trying to think of a female athlete who's had the pedestal placement and idolization, with the accompanying media madness, to the same degree as these male athletes - can't think of one right off the top of my head.
Michelle Wie is getting there...