Hello from Arkansas (and a tune)

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
peeplj
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Hello from Arkansas (and a tune)

Post by peeplj »

I've not had a chance to be very active on the boards, lately, and as that's probably not going to change anytime soon I thought I'd drop a line when I could and let our many friends here know that Shannon, myself, and the ferts are all doing well and hanging in there.

I don't have any progress to report yet on the home front; however, we are hanging in there and approach each new day in the hopes that it may be the day things turn around for us.

I appreciate the many friends I have here, and especially the kind thoughts and prayers. This is a tough time for us, but we are hanging in there and are resolved see this through as a family.

When something does change I'll post a brief note on both boards; in the meantime, here's a tune for our friends here. Forgive that it's flute and not whistle, this is a favorite reel of mine, St. Annes, which I have played with many different musicians and in many different forms. Here are two of my favorite settings played back to back:

http://www.flutesite.com/samples/stanne.mp3

I hope to have an update to post soon. Please keep us in your thoughts, as this is a very scary time for us, all the more so as time goes on with no resolution yet.

Blessings,

--James
Jayhawk
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well, just trying to update my avatar after a decade. Hope this counts! Ok, so apparently I must babble on longer.

Post by Jayhawk »

Hang in there James. Your in my thoughts and prayers.

Eric
boomerang

Post by boomerang »

A nice rendition of St Annes James, always a pleasure to hear a good interpretation of a tune,
keep on smiling ya just never know what is around the corner.
and life is full of surprises
all the best
David :)
Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level then beat you with experience!!
Paul

Post by Paul »

Thanks for the tune, James. You and Shannon are still in my prayers.
Good luck on the continuing job hunt.
-Paul