Hartford Sessioneer in ICU

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Tyghress
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Hartford Sessioneer in ICU

Post by Tyghress »

For anyone who has been to the CT sessions, either in Hartford, Glastonbury or Meriden, Teresa Fazzolari was in a head on collision on Monday, and is in ICU at Yale-New Haven hospital. She sustained multiple fractures of both legs, many ribs, an arm, and internal injuries. She is listed in critical condition, and is expected tol survive, but is facing many months of hospitalization and rehab. Please keep her in your thoughts.

The accident was caused by a seventeen year old driving his girlfriend's new car. He crossed into oncoming traffic at high speed. The girlfriend did not survive.
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
Brian Lee
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Brian Lee »

Wow. Amy, please give my best to any you know who are affected. I lost my first girlfriend to a drunk driver in what sounds to be a similar situation. She was the only one injured in the accident and she payed with her life.

It's so deeply saddening when a young soul is taken before what we would think is ther 'proper time'. But also, and perhaps more so, for those of us who survive these times and must live with the memories. Still there is comfort that through the pain of recovery, a life can forge ahead and in many cases become richer for the experience.

Prayers are with you all.

Bri~
RonKiley

Post by RonKiley »

Unfortunately this happens far too often. We will certainly keep her in our thoughts and prayers.

Ron
CTWhistler

Post by CTWhistler »

Just wondering if you had an update on Teresa's condition. I haven't gotten to the local sessions yet (I still work too many hours), but I'm thinking of her.

Tery
mexigrl

Update on Teresa

Post by mexigrl »

Hello -
I noticed this posting and thought I would try to update you as best I can on Teresa's condition. Her dear friend Jill has been visiting - and spending nights with her and has passed on information to those of us that know her from Hartford.
Teresa is out of Intensive Care and in Continuing Care at Yale New Haven. She has made it through numerous surgeries and is really starting to progress. This will be a long long road for her. She has many shattered bones, some that they still can not operate on due to swelling. The PT will be extensive and painful. Jill says that her attitude is very good - even making some jokes about wanting a Guiness :) At this point she still isn't taking phone calls and not much for visits but I will post more information if you are interested later on.

If you would like to send get well wishes please send them to:
Teresa Fazzolari
C/O Yale New Haven Hospital
20 York Street
New Haven, CT

She told Jill that all the prayers and good wishes from her seisiun friends are really helping her.

Take Care,

Mexigrl
Jilly

Update on Teresa

Post by Jilly »

Taking a short break today from caring for Teresa I just happened onto this site and found the postings of her. I know that Teresa appreciates everyone concerns, thoughts and prayers and I will print the forum messages to bring to Teresa when I see her tonight at the hospital. I don't even know if Teresa is registared to this site but I am sure once she is able, she will log on.
To those who know Teresa she is a wonderful friend and I am honored to beable to be by her bed side in any way I can.
Teresa has been upgraded from critical to fair. She is making progress everyday but the doctors said yesterday that it will take much of the year to recover. She still has a few operations to endure in the next few weeks. She has strong support from family and friends which will help her get through this.
Please keep her in your prayers.
Jilly
**** Lioness, I believe I will see you at the seisiun on Wednesday at City Steam-Hartford CT, I am pretty sure you are C_ _ _ _ _ (without giving names) LOL.
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

LOL, :lol: I just reread the messages. It's Tyghress not Lioness and it's Amy (from Brian's responce). And I will definately see you Wednesday.
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

Heya, Jilly. . .how many whistlers do you know at City Steam, eh? (shaking stripy head sadly). And no, you won't see me tonight, as I'm off to my sister's ordination in NYC.
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
Bloomfield
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Bloomfield »

Well, there used to be more whistlers at City Steam... :(

Best wishes and good luck to Teresa! Speedy recovery!
/Bloomfield