how to hold your fiddle

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Hiro Ringo
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

how to hold your fiddle

Post by Hiro Ringo »

There. In the case of Paganini.

But anybody want to explain why he holds right part of fiddle with his chin? why most fiddlers have to holds left part?Paganini way limits your technique?Thats why you have to holds left part?

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

It actually works okay to hold the violin that way, but with the following considerations: your fingers have to be really long and your arms extremely short. Notice how he holds the bow, gripping it above the frog, like some crazy old-time fiddler. :wink:

But, maybe the real answer lies in his choice of shoes.

Really, it has to be the artist. See how it caught your eye? He knew you would have to have it, it's just so darn unusual...a collector's item. :lol:
Zubivka

Post by Zubivka »

<---- 1) This guy here holds his fiddle with the proper part of his chin. Now I feel better.

2) I always wondered why P. was said to have had a deal with the Devil.

The illustration gives me an idea of what devil meant in the 1800's...

Don't get me wrong: as Lorenzo just wrote, it had to be the shoes.
Hiro Ringo

Post by Hiro Ringo »

>But, maybe the real answer lies in his choice of shoes.

Shoes!! Why did they get out of my sight! :boggle:
Yeah, Lerenzo,they must be the secret of his mad fiddling.....much more unusual part.

Zubivka,I know why your avator got out of my sight, because your avator kept changing so frequently. Too busy there! :D

The picture of your avator looks like showing one example, I feel that most chin rests are on the unpractical position....really each chin rests should be customized for each player. From a chiropractical point of view,healthy position is hard to get on playing fiddle. I love fiddles as well as I hate fiddles that way.

The picture and the related articles seem to be from 'STRAD' magazine April,1997,pp400-403. In those articles several fiddlers explain how they overcame Paganini tunes. And they seem to say that the secret lies on how Paganini holds his fiddle. Anyway I havent checked the article myself....
vomitbunny
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by vomitbunny »

Just remember. Shake it more than three times, an' you'r playin' with it.
My opinion is stupid and wrong.