Undisputed illness

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
bradhurley
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by bradhurley »

cskinner wrote:On the other hand, watching Lost in Translation doesn't seem like the worst possible way to go--what a movie.
Agreed! I watched it for the first time this week and really enjoyed it. The DVD I got also lets you watch it dubbed in French, and I'm looking forward to seeing what gets "lost in translation" in the French version. Presumably they would have had to change all the Japanese pronunciation gags, which would be a challenge for the French translator. "Lip my stockings," for example.
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

I really loved the movie. The last film which stuck with me the way this one does was Magnolia.
fancypiper
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fancypiper »

DaleWisely wrote:I started steroids yesterday (this time I'm not kidding) and they've got me a bit hypomanic & hypergraphic. Can you tell?
At least now you can say, "I'm not fat, it's Cushings syndrome from the steroids I have to take."

I hate steroids. They give you all the symptoms of schizophrenia except for hearing voices.
Steven

Post by Steven »

DaleWisely wrote:I'm still sick. Continue to pity me. I believe the diagnosis now is
Psittacosis, a zoonotic disease caused by Chlamydia psittaci, typically transmitted from infected avian species to humans by inhalation of infectious aerosols.
Dale, it's time to put down the medical text, step away, and lie down.

Steven
Steven

Re: OT: Undisputed illness

Post by Steven »

Jens_Hoppe wrote:Au contraire, it's obvious you're an excellent patient! :-)
Agreed. Your doctor is making lots of money from your visits, the pharmacy is raking in from your prescriptions, etc. Isn't that what they look for in a patient?

:o
Steven