If you could buy a SPORTS CAR, which one?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
OutOfBreath
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by OutOfBreath »

Brian Lee wrote:Hows about a V-12, 500HP, 300+ mph, 0-60 in 2.5 seconds beast?

http://www.dodge.com/tomahawk/flash.html
Okay, that's just insane!
John
-------
The Internet is wonderful. Surely there have always been thousands of people deeply concerned about my sex life and the quality of my septic tank but before the Internet I never heard from any of them.
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

YESS!
Brian Lee
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Brian Lee »

insane hardly comes close! :D

I dunno about the rest of humanity, but a bike like that which probably requires you to chain your hands to the grips just to hold on is a but much. Still.....you'd NEVER have ANY problems merging into trafic ANYWHERE in the world!
CHIFF FIPPLE

Post by CHIFF FIPPLE »

And this is what the world's fastest motorbike will look like!

8) 'Angelic Bulldog' to attempt 400mph world motorcycle land speed record.Top business guru Ron Holland is building the world's fastest motorbike. The bike - designed and engineered in the UK, with a combination of professional design expertise and a pioneering schools project - is a 2.6litre V8 Puma. The 'Angelic Bulldog' is expected to comfortably break the current 321mph world record by the end of 2004 :P
ImageStacey has the most bodacious fipples! & Message board
http://whistlenstrings.invisionzone.com ... t=0&p=3303&
markv

Post by markv »

I would dearly love to have my first car back. It was a 1969 Dodge charger R\T. Dual 6 pack carbs, hirsch shift, 440 V8, ram air....

You could put a pop\beer can just in front of the front tires, punch the gas and hop right over it.

After 8 warnings and 4 tickets I was forced to sell it by the parental units. Probably a good idea at the time.

It was a hideous shade of metallic green.

I always wanted to paint it up like the general lee of "Duke's of Hazard" fame. Never really had an urge to weld the doors shut though.

Mark V.
Fairy tales are more than true: not because
they tell us that dragons exist, but because
they tell us that dragons can be beaten.

G. K. Chesterton
RonKiley

Post by RonKiley »

If money was no object and I could afford a car just for fun occasionaly it would be a 1957 Porshe Speedster. My 1964 Chrysler XKE Coupe with a 4 barrel 407 engine was nice too. 6 MPG was not so great though.

Ron
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

I'd rather have a large Cadillac, with room for my legs and my head, where I didn't have to hunker down, or hurt my back, twisting to get in, and smoooooooooooooth riding!
Reasonable person
Walden
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

RonKiley wrote:If money was no object and I could afford a car just for fun occasionaly it would be a 1957 Porshe Speedster. My 1964 Chrysler XKE Coupe with a 4 barrel 407 engine was nice too. 6 MPG was not so great though.

Ron
My cousin's got a '56 Porshe of some kind. A money pit, but a good lookin' vehicle.
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

I'm sorry, but the Dodge Tomahawk is a "bike" only in the same sense that a drag racer is a "sports car".

Zoob is right: Handling counts. And even a touring bike with full fairing and saddlebags with a skilled rider can usually outhandle most "sports cars" that have been mentioned.

Riding motorcycles gave me one priceless gift . . . I can look at the most beautiful sports car, agree that it's really lovely, even drive it - and have absolutely no urge to buy one.

Of course, I must admit I have a selection of scars I've picked up on bikes over the years. But the most serious injuries to date (broken bones) were both acquired before I was 10, from a couple if incidents involving a horse and a bicycle.

Buy a bike if you want serious fun. Just make sure you wear full leathers, gloves, and a full-face helmet when you ride it. Trust me on this: looking at the worn-away face of a helmet makes you really, really, happy you went with a full-face helmet rather than an open-face design. :o :o :o
Zubivka

Post by Zubivka »

OutOfBreath wrote:
Brian Lee wrote:Hows about a V-12, 500HP, 300+ mph, 0-60 in 2.5 seconds beast?

http://www.dodge.com/tomahawk/flash.html
Okay, that's just insane!
Wow!

It may be a four-wheeler :P

But I rather like it.

Now if this counts as a "bike", then most any jet fighter should be a "trike"... of sorts.

"Aww Lurrd,
won't you buy me
a Sukhoi Twenty-seven...
CHIFF FIPPLE

Post by CHIFF FIPPLE »

DCrom wrote:I'm sorry, but the Dodge Tomahawk is a "bike" only in the same sense that a drag racer is a "sports car".

Zoob is right: Handling counts. And even a touring bike with full fairing and saddlebags with a skilled rider can usually outhandle most "sports cars" that have been mentioned.

Riding motorcycles gave me one priceless gift . . . I can look at the most beautiful sports car, agree that it's really lovely, even drive it - and have absolutely no urge to buy one.

Buy a bike if you want serious fun. Just make sure you wear full leathers, gloves, and a full-face helmet when you ride it. Trust me on this: looking at the worn-away face of a helmet makes you really, really, happy you went with a full-face helmet rather than an open-face design. :o :o :o
We have one of these.
and a Laverda 750.
And yes an Alpha Romeo Spider :P
ImageStacey has the most bodacious fipples! & Message board
http://whistlenstrings.invisionzone.com ... t=0&p=3303&
Bren

Post by Bren »

I drive an MGF - my last car was a MX5 and before that an MG Midget.

Our second car (girlfriends) is a BRG MX5.

2 seats are better than 4,

rear wheel drive is the only way to go,

Try it - you will never go back
Zubivka

Post by Zubivka »

CHIFF FIPPLE wrote:We have one of these.
and a Laverda 750.
And yes an Alpha Romeo Spider :P
The lass does have taste*...
(hey, you never told me about that Duke 8-cube! Drive it down here in July!)

* except for cars: I thought Spiders were just one more pick-up line for elderly Latins... The complete kit includes a gold medal on a heavy chain glowing on one's hairy chest--takes unbuttoning two steps from one's shirt :lol:
carrie

Post by carrie »

My 86 yr old Aunt Esther, the last living relative of my father's generation, has a red Thunderbird, some year or other. She really digs it. :)

Carol
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

What exactly does rear wheel drive get you?
I know it's part of the classic sports
car and that it affects handling,
but I don't know why?

Also can't sports cars corner faster
than motor bikes?