happy v-day

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
TelegramSam
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

happy v-day

Post by TelegramSam »

Just remember kids, in addition to being Sappy Commercialized Pseudo-Romance Day, it's also Vagina Day.

Vagina Day is about stopping violence against women and girls, and raising awareness on these issues. See <a href="http://www.vday.org/">the v-day website</a> for details.
<i>The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.</i>
carrie

Post by carrie »

"Let us pause in life's pleasures and count its many tears...."

Thanks, Sam.

Carol
Wombat
antispam: No

Post by Wombat »

cskinner wrote:"Let us pause in life's pleasures and count its many tears...."

Thanks, Sam.

Carol
Well said.
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

Hey, don't shoot the messenger. I'm not the one who decided to be all ironic and put Vagina Day on the same date as Sappy Commercialized Pseudo-Romance Day. :twisted:
<i>The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.</i>
carrie

Post by carrie »

Hmm, maybe I don't quite get the irony of your last post, but I meant the thanks sincerely.

Carol
Wombat
antispam: No

Post by Wombat »

Who's shooting the messenger? Violence against women and girls is loathsome.
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

Sorry Carol, I thought you were calling me a spoil-sport or something. :oops: