Consulting the C&F TechnoGeek Oracle (TM)

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Consulting the C&F TechnoGeek Oracle (TM)

Post by Dale »

Ok, here's my question, for Microsoft Outlook 2000 experts.

I need to convert from using an obscure email program to Outlook 2000. My present program has a very useful feature which I can't figure out how to duplicate on Outlook.

When someone emails me and wants to subscribe to the newsletter, I can right click on their email address and one of the pop-up menu options is "Add to Address Book Group" and then another list pops up that has the distribution lists I keep, including the one for C&F subscribers. So, it's very, very easy.

Although I have learned how to create distribution groups in the Outlook address book, I can't find any easy method to add new email addresses to the group.

Any ideas?
Lorenzo
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Lorenzo »

In "Outlook Express" click on the address book, then click on the "file" menu at top left, then click on "New Group" and start a seperate mailer list. When someone emails you, you can right click on their email and add them either to the address book or the new group. That' the way mine works anyway for seperate mailing lists. Then, you can "send" to all within that group.