THIEF!!!!!!!!!!!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Jerry Freeman
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

THIEF!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Bill owns a company that manufactures and installs car wash systems. (Magic Wand Car Wash Systems, just in case you want to buy one.) Bill's company installed a car wash system in Frederick, Md.

Now understand that these are complete systems, including the money changer and money taking machines.

The problem started when the new owner complained to Bill that he was losing significant amounts of money from his coin machines each week.

He went as far as to accuse Bill's employees of having a key to the boxes and ripping him off.

Bill just couldn't believe that his people would do that, so they setup a camera to catch the thief in action. Well, they did catch him on film!

That's a bird sitting on the change slot of the machine.

The bird had to go down into the machine, and back up inside to get to the money!

That's three quarters he has in his beak! Another amazing thing is that it was not just one bird -- there were several working together. Once they identified the thieves, they found over $4000 in quarters on the roof of the car wash and more under a nearby tree.

And you thought you'd heard of everything.

Best wishes,
Jerry
emmline

Post by emmline »

Were the quarters grouped by state? 50 for each bird perhaps? Perhaps they would be interested in my kid's stack of old Pokemon cards.
spittin_in_the_wind
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by spittin_in_the_wind »

I used to have a starling that I had hand-raised after he fell out of his nest in the roof of my apartment building. This behavior doesn't surprise me at all, those guys are really persistent, and are real characters! Talk about boundless energy. The males can also learn to talk and imitate all kinds of noises. My bird was really attached to me and would rocket through the apartment at 90 miles an hour trying to find me, then bank a hard 90 degree turn and land on my head.

They like to nest in holes, which is probably how the bird found the money in the first place.

Robin
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

I wonder if you could train homing pigeons to do that? :moreevil:
jonharl

Post by jonharl »

This is the best off topic post bar none.
CHIFF FIPPLE

Post by CHIFF FIPPLE »

:o Brilliant :o Jerry 8) Thanks for sharing
ImageStacey has the most bodacious fipples! & Message board
http://whistlenstrings.invisionzone.com ... t=0&p=3303&
Jack

Post by Jack »

I also had a starling before.

Many animal rescue groups will not take them in when injured, because they're a non-native species that threaten the native songbirds, so if you find one injured you're all but left to care for it yourself.

I agree with Robin - they're some of the most intelligent, quirky animals out there.

And this is where I step in and remind people not to eat them or their parrot or chicken cousins.
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

There was a similar case in Charlottesville, VA, several years ago. Teachers in a middle school kept finding their windshield wiper blades stolen. Not the full wipers, just the rubber parts. They did the same thing, set up a camera in the parking lot. It turned out to be a raven that was eating the rubber. Evidently this isn't such unusual behavior; ravens can develop a mineral deficiency that gives them an urge to eat rubber.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

Thank God my cats are trustworthy! Almost ten years and they haven't taken a dime... :)

PhilO
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
fiddling_tenor

Post by fiddling_tenor »

They're Mafia birds!!!! Wait until they send out the goon-ey birds!!! :lol:

I agree: Best post thus far for OT!
"Put": the act of placing something in a specific spot.
"Putt": the vain attempt to do the same thing.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

PhilO wrote:Thank God my cats are trustworthy! Almost ten years and they haven't taken a dime... :)

PhilO
Phil, you expect us to believe you haven't been paying them in kind?
Zubivka

Post by Zubivka »

Thinking twice about my former distaste against public video-spying...

What kind of boyds are these? I thought--cf. La gazza ladra--only magpies were addicted to bright shiny toys? This beside us poor humans, of course--I gather some still prefer metal whistles :P
antstastegood

Post by antstastegood »

That is FUNNY!!!
Unreasonable person,
ants
|___|)____________O___O___O___o__O___O_____|
Norm

Post by Norm »

That's a great story!!!!!!! My WhOA list just changed, I would like to buy one of those birds, say $1,000.00? :lol:
Cheers
Norm
They sit and chat and laugh n' giggle, then someone starts a lick on a whistle and it's "Katie bar the door!"
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

Ok, Wombat, so I've actually been toiling for years for my cats without any remuneration at all - obtaining and preparing and serving them meals every day, brushing them, petting them, letting them sit on my lap whilst trying to read (I'm the one reading), and cleaning up after them! And what do I get in return? Just constant love and affection and eternal amusement (I guess I still owe them after all). :D

PhilO
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.