while waiting for the Sillybowl to start. . .

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Tyghress
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

while waiting for the Sillybowl to start. . .

Post by Tyghress »

I noticed that our newest member...just joined today, has SEVEN...count them SEVEN posts already! Let's hear it for Whistlegal!

Prior to that, no one but Vomitbunny has posted so much, so quickly. Our regurgitating rabbit will most likely beat out Cran for posts soon, if he keeps up like that, but Whistlegal is a few days behind, and may yet catch up.

On a whistle note....I just did a semi-regular rotation of whistles in the kitchen and living room, and have fallen tip over tail for the O'Riordan, which never really thrilled me before. Let's see if the love affair lasts a week or two. Anyone else notice how affections change over time?
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Tyghress wrote:Let's see if the love affair lasts a week or two. Anyone else notice how affections change over time?
I don't know. Ask the trail of broken hearts I've left in my wake. :D
Ridseard

Post by Ridseard »

Go Panthers!
Norm

Post by Norm »

Nanohedron wrote:
Tyghress wrote:Let's see if the love affair lasts a week or two. Anyone else notice how affections change over time?
I don't know. Ask the trail of broken hearts I've left in my wake. :D
I haven't been at this long enough to experience "falling out of love" yet. I'm still "falling in love" :party: with all of them that I try. They all have something unique. I guess I'm in blissful WhOA land. It's Guoood! :lol:
Cheers
Norm
They sit and chat and laugh n' giggle, then someone starts a lick on a whistle and it's "Katie bar the door!"
Fun4Bambi

Post by Fun4Bambi »

So really, I only watch the stupor bowl for the commericials, but, uh, do these teams have tunes associated with them that we all should be learning? If not, I say we take it upon ourselves to select appropriate tune for them...
RonKiley

Post by RonKiley »

Go Redskins!!

My favorite whistle changes every week but the Redskins are forever. I guess I should learn to play Hail To The Redskins.

Ron
Blackbeer

Post by Blackbeer »

Well......the horses are fed, the cows are fed, the chickens and duck are fet, the dogs are fed and the kickoff is minutes away. One of the sponcers for the big game is the Bush campain. CBS refused to run the Democratic partys add. Interesting don`t you think. Gota love faciesim.
Anyway, the flutes are ready and the unknown whistle in C is ready so I will be occupied during the comercials. After the game CBS will not be on my list of networks to watch.

Tom
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

It ain't fascism, it's money. If the dems wanted their commercial, they could've simply paid more than the reps.

As it stands, the commercials have been fairly boring so far...
<i>The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.</i>
Blackbeer

Post by Blackbeer »

Not quite right Sam. The rates are set. CBS refussed to run the add because they thought it was to contriversial.
And I don`t know, I kinda liked the "holy sh#%" add.

Tom
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

I've seen the ad. I honestly didn't think it was that provocative. More smartassy than anything else, pretty typical for a political ad.
<i>The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.</i>
Blackbeer

Post by Blackbeer »

Alright, now we have a game.
Hey Sam here is my favorite: http://www.liberaloasis.com/Bushmovie.swf
It is so right on.
(beware, adult language)

Tom
Blackbeer

Post by Blackbeer »

Dang it. Its not there anymore.

Tom
vomitbunny

Post by vomitbunny »

Uh, you can't really count me for mass postings by a newbe. I am a borderline borderline. That means if I were any more borderline, I'd be borderline. I pick up hobbies that way. In fact that's the way I learn most anything. Total immersion. I quit trying to moderate years ago.
Soon I'll reach my saturation point for whistles, and I'll only post every few days.
Besides, the whistling makes the voices go away. What?!
Never mind.
My opinion is stupid and wrong.
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

You ought to hook up with Cranberry, bunny. I think you two would get along beautifully. :D

:twisted:
vomitbunny

Post by vomitbunny »

Funny. I've been listening to the Cranberries a lot lately. It's either listening to solos or the Cranberries.
My opinion is stupid and wrong.