Bill gets a Kniggethood

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Daviden

Post by Daviden »

GaryKelly wrote:
Shh! We are now the Knights Who Say 'Ecky- ecky- ecky- ecky- pikang- zoop- boing- goodem- zoo- owli- zhiv' !
Not to be Anal Retentive but it we Are now the Knights Who Say Ecky-Ecky-Ecky-Ecky-Pitang-Zum-Boing-Znourigm (Nee)
GaryKelly
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by GaryKelly »

Paul wrote:I have a theory that I have. I'll bet that one of these days not too far off we'll see quality Chinese-made linux-based computers for sale here in the US at extremely low prices like $200.00 or less.
Uhm... Walmart are already selling Lindows PCs for $199 I believe. (http://www.lindows.com/). And there's a new offering which also includes a TFT flat screen in the bundle too. M$ are not happy.

:)
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
GaryKelly

Post by GaryKelly »

Oh and picture the scene:

Bill Gates on his knees (that's a good one to start with).

HMQE2 holding a bloody great sword within inches of his throat (this is getting better and better)...

If we all knew the *exact* time of the dubbing, we could all jump up and down, creating a seismic pulse, and *snik!* whoops... One has made a mess on one's carpet...
Last edited by GaryKelly on Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
Darwin

Post by Darwin »

I bet Ol' Bill would be touched if he knew how much everyone cares...
Mike Wright

"When an idea is wanting, a word can always be found to take its place."
 --Goethe
Zubivka

Post by Zubivka »

GaryKelly wrote:bloody great sword
"blurdy"--a typical instance where proper English takes its dreams for reality, since the sword is supposed to remain blurdy clean of blurd stains.

The Modern (aka Anglo-American) variation (as in "f-wording great sword") might miss the point, too: I don't see what Cue-E-square could make of Billy-boy, or vice-versa.

German could miss the mark too: "Schei*e groß(e?) Schwert" somehow doesn't fit the protocol.

Again, our own good ole' Gallic seems the most appropriate: "une putain de grande épée"
(or vice-versa) :D
Bloomfield
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Bloomfield »

Zubivka wrote:.... "une putain de grande épée"
(or vice-versa) :D
Hehehe. You naughty boy.
/Bloomfield
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

LOL, Zoob!

OBE, OBE......

...hmmm...the Old Bat's Equerry?