Consulting the Metallurgy Oracle

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Re: Consulting the Metallurgy Oracle

Post by Nanohedron »

an seanduine wrote:It´s all good. :D
Try telling my nose that.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
an seanduine

Post by an seanduine »

Seriously, this just shows how energetic these copper ions can be when they are freed up. :thumbsup:

Bob
Not everything you can count, counts. And not everything that counts, can be counted

The Expert's Mind has few possibilities.
The Beginner's mind has endless possibilities.
Shunryu Suzuki, Roshi
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

an seanduine wrote:Seriously, this just shows how energetic these copper ions can be when they are freed up. :thumbsup:
No kidding. I assume that the unpleasanter aspects of the aroma had much to do with the scrubbie operating in a soup of hot water, dish soap, and food particles. I know the smell of copper well, but this was rather of a different order.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
an seanduine

Post by an seanduine »

If you can find any one thing positive in your response to the smell of your copper scrubbie, it would be this: you still have a sense of smell. . .your olfactory bulb is intact and has not been attacked by the Covid-19 Virus.

Bob
Not everything you can count, counts. And not everything that counts, can be counted

The Expert's Mind has few possibilities.
The Beginner's mind has endless possibilities.
Shunryu Suzuki, Roshi
Dan A.
Tell us something.: I can only hope that my proficiency with the whistle is steadily improving. A few of my whistles get a workout on an almost daily basis. And I'm almost certainly afflicted with WhOAD.

Post by Dan A. »

Nanohedron wrote:This pebble wouldn't get out of my shoe...
I don't believe I've heard that one before, but I like it. Considering said pebble's reluctance to leave, you must be wearing lineman's boots.
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

Dan A. wrote:you must be wearing lineman's boots
My brain has this annoying habit of immediately playing, internally, songs at the least provocation. No sooner had I read that phrase than Wichita Lineman started up. Great song, so no problem there. Could have been much worse.
oleorezinator
Tell us something.: I love uilleann pipes I love tin whistles I love flutes I love irish music I love concertinas I love bodhrans

Post by oleorezinator »

benhall.1 wrote:
Dan A. wrote:you must be wearing lineman's boots
My brain has this annoying habit of immediately playing, internally, songs at the least provocation. No sooner had I read that phrase than Wichita Lineman started up. Great song, so no problem there. Could have been much worse.
I hear it singing in the wire.
https://youtu.be/uenLEVm9j-s
Information is not knowledge.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love.
Love is not music. Music is the best.
- Frank Zappa
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Dan A. wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:This pebble wouldn't get out of my shoe...
I don't believe I've heard that one before, but I like it.

I thought the metaphor was well known. It's certainly venerable; goes all the way back to the invention of shoes, I believe. A late friend used to colorfully call a persistent annoyance a "raspberry seed in one's cavity". Evocative, but cumbersome to say, so I can't borrow it.
Dan A. wrote:Considering said pebble's reluctance to leave, you must be wearing lineman's boots.
Or I'm not trying hard enough to take them off.
an seanduine wrote:If you can find any one thing positive in your response to the smell of your copper scrubbie, it would be this: you still have a sense of smell. . .your olfactory bulb is intact and has not been attacked by the Covid-19 Virus.
So it has been reduced to this: "Even your dog abandoned you? At least you have your health."