Signs of locked down life during the pandemic

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Dan A.
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I can only hope that my proficiency with the whistle is steadily improving. A few of my whistles get a workout on an almost daily basis. And I'm almost certainly afflicted with WhOAD.

Re: Signs of locked down life during the pandemic

Post by Dan A. »

Mr.Gumby wrote:The National Public Health Emergency Team (NPHET) has strongly uirged the government to raise the whole country to level 5 restrictions for six weeks, effectively asking for a second lockdown. That may or may not happen in the next few days.
Hope it doesn't get to that point.
Mr.Gumby
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Signs of locked down life during the pandemic

Post by Mr.Gumby »

Hope it doesn't get to that point.
We'll know later today. In fairness though, a second wave is here and increased restriction that were put in place recently haven't been able to control further spread of the virus. Letting it run rampant is not an option here. So something needs to be done to keep eachother safe.

It will perhaps be harder this time, with the wintertime coming there's less scope for going outside. Things were hopeful over the summer, numbers were down and restrictions were lifted somewhat. We could go out, had a larger range of travel so a visit to the pared down Galway arts festival was possible. I was at a strictly socially distanced concert. I was a great boost but if you let people out, the virus comes with them and to be honest there was some silly stuff going on, like there wasn't a care in the world. So we'll have to wind it back.

Image Image Image

Meanwhile, it's a very wet and windy Monday morning and I have a last installment of the pics I took on Saturday. Soon the winter storms will come and wash it all away.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
My brain hurts