Topiary cat

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
benhall.1
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Topiary cat

Post by benhall.1 »

DrPhill
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: Topiary cat

Post by DrPhill »

Phill

One does not equal two. Not even for very large values of one.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Normally I find topiary objectionable, but that would be some topiary I could admire. A shame it's not real.

I must play the wet blanket, though, and point out that if they're supposed to be greeting each other, the alignment's off: the lower cat's gaze doesn't meet the upper cat's. Instead, it looks up past and into the sky, which makes the upper cat appear as if to say, "Oh, you're looking at something." One expects the upper cat to shortly look upward as well.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Katharine
Tell us something.: Something..............................................................................................

Post by Katharine »

I have to admit, from the thread title I expected it to be a picture of a cat in a bush. :)

Nanohedron wrote:I must play the wet blanket, though, and point out that if they're supposed to be greeting each other, the alignment's off: the lower cat's gaze doesn't meet the upper cat's. Instead, it looks up past and into the sky, which makes the upper cat appear as if to say, "Oh, you're looking at something." One expects the upper cat to shortly look upward as well.
Isn't this the usual cat trick, though: to look past you and make you look? :)
Here's tae us--
Wha's like us?
Damn few--
And they're a' deid--
Mair's the pity.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Katharine wrote:Isn't this the usual cat trick, though: to look past you and make you look? :)
How I would love to say that I'm long too cat-savvy to fall for that anymore - but that would be lying; curiosity begets curiosity, and I take some comfort in not being so jaded as to ignore what a cat is intently looking at, even if there's apparently nothing for me to see. But rather than thinking only that I've been fooled, I confess I've long suspected that they might just be able to see things we cannot, that they might have a keener, special level of perception that we humans lack. If it's not that, then they're very, very convincing actors. Or maybe it's just a species-wide brain glitch. Or maybe they're concentrating on a cat-thought with a distant look, much as we do with our thoughts. Who knows?
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician