BRADBURY

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Michael w6
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I have played bagpipes for several years. Open heart surgery in 2014 took me out for several months and I have not yet returned. I have begun to pursue the penny whistle instead. I'm looking for advice and friends in this new instrument.

BRADBURY

Post by Michael w6 »

I'm trying to recall the title of a Ray Bradbury short story. Plot: several astronauts somehow get jettisoned out of their ship. As they drift apart they converse over their helmet headsets. Various angers and animosities come out... Anyone know the title?
A moment of carelessness, a lifetime of regret.
A lifetime of carelessness, a moment of regret.
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Re: BRADBURY

Post by kkrell »

Stab in the dark here:

"Kaleidoscope"? Was a short story in The Illustrated Man, and also a movie:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2188867/
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
Michael w6
Tell us something.: I have played bagpipes for several years. Open heart surgery in 2014 took me out for several months and I have not yet returned. I have begun to pursue the penny whistle instead. I'm looking for advice and friends in this new instrument.

Post by Michael w6 »

Ah! That is the one, thanks. Though as I recall the original story the astronauts were floating through space in their space suits, not escape pods. And there was no dramatic fire scene.
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

Michael w6 wrote:Ah! That is the one, thanks. Though as I recall the original story the astronauts were floating through space in their space suits, not escape pods. And there was no dramatic fire scene.
That may be. Movies are often changed (especially if based on a SHORT story). I no longer have the book, and the library is still closed (the local one is dedicated to Ray Bradbury).
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
Michael w6

Post by Michael w6 »

I found some old radio drama presentations on YT and the astronauts were not in pods. I find I generally prefer presentations which are more loyal to the original story. Too many movie adaptations add more violence or unnecessary elements.