Another earworm

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
benhall.1
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Re: Another earworm

Post by benhall.1 »

Mr.Gumby wrote:Perhaps it's not so strange how we arrive at these things: I only have to step out of the door to see an abundance of both primroses and bluebells. It's that time of year. Just hope the Cuckoo Waltz won't be the next earworm.
Oh don't! :o
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.

Post by benhall.1 »

As an update, that tune (The Primrose Polka) has been going through my head, on and off, ever since. I've gone back to the Jimmy Shand version which I have to say is brilliant. I didn't quite get all of the notes right in what first got going in my head. It's well worth persevering and getting the notes as Jimmy Shand plays them. It's a gorgeous tune. :)
an seanduine

Post by an seanduine »

Naturally, when I went to lend an ear, Ben, the video in your link was unavailable. So, I found this recording of Mr. Shand provided by Parlophone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95_3SU1Dv84
Close enough?

Bob
Not everything you can count, counts. And not everything that counts, can be counted

The Expert's Mind has few possibilities.
The Beginner's mind has endless possibilities.
Shunryu Suzuki, Roshi
benhall.1

Post by benhall.1 »

an seanduine wrote:Naturally, when I went to lend an ear, Ben, the video in your link was unavailable. So, I found this recording of Mr. Shand provided by Parlophone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95_3SU1Dv84
Close enough?

Bob
That's the one. I think it's absolutely fantastic. :)