CP: Face Masks

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Wanderer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

CP: Face Masks

Post by Wanderer »

My wife's been making face masks for friends and family and co-workers. But now she's out of personal contacts to make masks for, so I encouraged her to set up an Etsy shop. She's got a ton of cute designs, if anyone is looking for face masks still, or if you just want something cuter than what you have.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/792327592

(yes, that's a picture of my wife. How did I get so lucky? :D)
│& ¼║: ♪♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ :║
busterbill

Re: CP: Face Masks

Post by busterbill »

I just bought one. I couldn't figure out how to buy multiples, though my initial plan was to buy one and see if we like it here. I just thought I'd mention that ordering issue in case it wasn't just me. I picked a pattern, then picked another and the first one disappeared. Again, that may be just me as I don't shop etsy. I hope I like it.

Keep well.
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

busterbill wrote:I just bought one. I couldn't figure out how to buy multiples, though my initial plan was to buy one and see if we like it here. I just thought I'd mention that ordering issue in case it wasn't just me. I picked a pattern, then picked another and the first one disappeared. Again, that may be just me as I don't shop etsy. I hope I like it.

Keep well.
She's already got a few orders, with people picking multiple.
You should be able to pick a pattern, click "add to cart", go back to the shop, pick another pattern, click "add to cart". They should both be in there. If they aren't, it may be a cookie problem. Hard to say, as etsy controls their platform.

Hope you like the mask!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Wanderer wrote:You should be able to pick a pattern, click "add to cart", go back to the shop, pick another pattern, click "add to cart". They should both be in there.
Right, that's how it works. My first selection brought me to a new page indicating the details; then I hit the "previous page" arrow at top left, made a new selection, and sure enough, now both were in my cart. Simply repeat the process until all your selections are met. It's a tad fiddlesome, but nothing to scare me off.

Nice choices! All the best.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Nanohedron wrote:
Wanderer wrote:You should be able to pick a pattern, click "add to cart", go back to the shop, pick another pattern, click "add to cart". They should both be in there.
Right, that's how it works. My first selection brought me to a new page indicating the details; then I hit the "previous page" arrow at top left, made a new selection, and sure enough, now both were in my cart. Simply repeat the process until all your selections are met. It's a tad fiddlesome, but nothing to scare me off.

Nice choices! All the best.

Thanks :) If I worked for Etsy, I'd suggest a few changes to their cart/checkout (such as not going to checkout after every cart addition)..but I don't, so we live with what they give us
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

Mine arrived. I got four different patterns, because I figure if I'm gonna wear these things, might as well make it something of a fashion statement too.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

yay :D
ytliek
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ytliek »

Yes, my four masks arrived too. Nice fit too.
fatmac
Tell us something.: Kickbiker - at over 70!
:lol:

Post by fatmac »

.....should make some with a big smile on them...... :D
Keith.
Trying to do justice to my various musical instruments.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

fatmac wrote:.....should make some with a big smile on them...... :D
Fangs. I want fangs.
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

Nanohedron wrote:
Fangs. I want fangs.
For the memories?
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

benhall.1 wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:
Fangs. I want fangs.
For the memories?
For Pete's sake.
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Sourcing material, as you can imagine, is difficult these days...she's grabbing whatever cute stuff she can find. She put up 9 or 10 more designs today (including Washington Nationals, if you're a fan). She goes out about once a week and hits the craft/fabric stores to see what she can get that she thinks people will like.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Well, it's a pretty good selection already. I was just kidding about the fangs, in any case. :)
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Just wanted to drop a line here thanking everyone who's ordered. We got someone just yesterday who commented they saw the etsy page here on C&F.

This is not a bump to try to drum up more business...she's currently a little overwhelmed and freaking out :) But I thought I'd come in and say thanks to you guys.

And here's a picture of her, hard at work in the sweatshop, freaking out a little.