Is the we we post pictures written in stone?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
busterbill
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Is the we we post pictures written in stone?

Post by busterbill »

I have never posted pictures on the forum. The act of finding an external hosting site, then opening an account on a site that I will seldom use has slowed me down. I assume the current method was state of the art when the forum was created. But now that most of us have fantastic photo taking devices in our pockets that communicate effortlessly with our computers, is it possible to change the method? I honestly don't know how complicated that would be or if the trouble is worth it. But I am curious.
Andro
Tell us something.: Beginning flute and whistle player. Starting out seriously in Irish Traditional Music. Also interested in flute making.

Re: Is the we we post pictures written in stone?

Post by Andro »

phpBB has an add on that allows picture upload. But it depends on the admin of this list, and whether they have adequate storage space. There is something to be said to offloading the image storage problem to image sharing sites.

But I do not an abundance of queries from users, quite a lot, asking how to post pictures, because it's not exactly simple for people.
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

Some other forums & message boards, depending on their software, do allow member uploads. Some, such as the Acoustic Guitar Forum, require a paid level of membership & sponsor memberships to help pay for the storage space & extra bandwidth.

The moderators of C&F have limited capability & funds to maintain the resources we have.
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

The storage and capacity of this site has been an issue for many years now. I'm pretty sure that hosting images as well, which take up a great deal of room, would kill the site completely.
ytliek
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ytliek »

Postimage.org allows uploading without opening an account. You can enter a time length for image or no expiration. Read the Terms of Use as its the usual copyright, hate speech, child or adult offensive images, etc., that is not allowed. I use it occasionally here C&F. I've been reluctant to utilize any of the free storage sites as they usually end up requiring a membership and paid for storage.

https://postimages.org/