On the Advice of the More Experienced....

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
MayaTambien
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Pretty sure I've been a member before, but it's been a loooonnng time. Dabble at whistle and Irish-style flute, among other instruments.

On the Advice of the More Experienced....

Post by MayaTambien »

Hello, again--

As I said in my last post (Subject: "Hi, There!"), I'm trying to get the posts in to be able to send PMs, so as to see about purchasing an item from the For Sale forum (well, probably only one, though it's one of two, and there are some other things of interest...). One of the replies there told me to "go ahead and post with abandon to get that third", so that's what I'm doing....

Note that the Pub is the only Forum in which I would take this approach.

Thanks for listening,
--Maya
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Re: On the Advice of the More Experienced....

Post by Nanohedron »

This post is on the razor's edge of gratuitous, which would disqualify it. But we did egg you on, and it's juuuust close enough for the Pub, so...
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
MayaTambien
Tell us something.: Pretty sure I've been a member before, but it's been a loooonnng time. Dabble at whistle and Irish-style flute, among other instruments.

Post by MayaTambien »

Thanks....

I did sort of wonder about gratuitous posts, so wouldn't have done this one this way without the egging-on. And, as I said, wouldn't have done it even then outside the Pub.

Thanks again.
MayaTambien

Post by MayaTambien »

Oh, and--I do intend to be a non-gratuitous participant if/when I feel I have something useful to say (at least as long as the whistle/flute cycle lasts...). But I do want to get inquiries out on those FS items before someone else does--though from the bumps, it doesn't look like either is all that popular.

--Maya
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

MayaTambien wrote:Oh, and--I do intend to be a non-gratuitous participant if/when I feel I have something useful to say (at least as long as the whistle/flute cycle lasts...). But I do want to get inquiries out on those FS items before someone else does--though from the bumps, it doesn't look like either is all that popular.

--Maya
Some of the posts in the Used Instrument Exchange are also referenced/duplicated in the appropriate instrument forum. For instance, I have a post in the Flute Forum (which allows comments & discussion) as well as in the UIE (which does not). You could conceivably post an inquiry there, or in some instances a member has their email for direct contact.

You can also Report one of your own posts using the "!" icon & send a private comment to one of the moderators. Perhap letting them know your real name or previous identity on the forum might speed up your process. Although I suppose you'll be there soon enough, anyway.
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

MayaTambien wrote:...But I do want to get inquiries out on those FS items before someone else does--though from the bumps, it doesn't look like either is all that popular.

--Maya
Sometimes the sale has to find it's own time. Affected by people's vacations, cash on hand, other priorities, etc. It doesn't necessarily reflect the desirability or pricing of the item.
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org