physician abbreviations

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
chas
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

physician abbreviations

Post by chas »

I have severe arthritis in my hands. I have a long-term relationship with an orthopedist, but at my wife's suggestion, I went to a rheumatologist last winter. The first one I saw had tunnelvision, so I saw another. She's quite good, but in the third appointment seized on one little piece of data and ignored everything else. I disagreed with her diagnosis, which she seemed fine with. I got an email saying the summary of my appointment was available on their patient portal, so I looked at it. The only thing it said was:

Reason for appointment: hands f/u

All other fields were "none recorded."

I thought that reaction was a little extreme. When I told my wife, an erstwhile medical professional, about this she said, "Followup."

I just about busted a gut. Then it occurred to me that it's like the scene in the Odd Couple when Oscar sees a note from Felix and says, "It took ten minutes for me to figure out that FU were your initials."
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Re: physician abbreviations

Post by Nanohedron »

That's a good one. :)
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
ytliek
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: physician abbreviations

Post by ytliek »

I love the abbreviations and the possibilities.