It is currently Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 3:48 am 

A role in which it would be hard to bluff one's way out of a mischievously induced giggle would be that of a corpse.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 2:51 pm 
Moderatorer

david_h wrote:
A role in which it would be hard to bluff one's way out of a mischievously induced giggle would be that of a corpse.

For sure. A role not to be hoped for, on so many levels.

"I remain not entirely convinced of it." - Nano

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 3:51 am 

To be clear, I was meaning that the possible origin suggested in the Wikipedia article seemed sensible to me.

Having said I hadn't heard, I just read it. In the first online newspaper article with one actor talking about another that I have read since the topic started. Possibly the first one I have read all year. I don't normally look at those sections but they were famous enough for me to have heard of them and for the feature to be linked on the home page. First sentence of a paragraph. No explanation given but because of this discussion I knew that the last sentence in the previous pararaph was an example. So maybe sub-editing my someone who didn't think that juxtaposition in the text was required.

I still don't recall ever having read it before, but admit that the co-incidence is rather unlikely.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13