Help A Luddite!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Michael w6
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I have played bagpipes for several years. Open heart surgery in 2014 took me out for several months and I have not yet returned. I have begun to pursue the penny whistle instead. I'm looking for advice and friends in this new instrument.

Help A Luddite!

Post by Michael w6 »

I want to use the Microsoft "Words" to bring up a blank page. My password, the password I use to log in, is not recognized. Do I need to create an account separate from my email account and password to use Word?

Thanks.
A moment of carelessness, a lifetime of regret.
A lifetime of carelessness, a moment of regret.
busterbill

Re: Help A Luddite!

Post by busterbill »

As one Luddite to another my answer will likely be incomplete or even completely wrong. But I didn't want you to think you were out there just screaming into the void. :D . In my limited experience with a Microsoft Word install on my computers, once it is installed you don't have to sign in to open the program. There may be steps with the newer versions of the program Office 365 which may be a subscription service. I've not used them. So I can't answer that question.

For those of you who may know the answer and viewed the post and said to themselves. "This doesn't have anything to do with flutes, whistles, or pipes et al, if you have an easy answer toss it out there.

If the mod doesn't like the thread it will get taken down. No harm, no foul.

Good luck!
Michael w6
Tell us something.: I have played bagpipes for several years. Open heart surgery in 2014 took me out for several months and I have not yet returned. I have begun to pursue the penny whistle instead. I'm looking for advice and friends in this new instrument.

Post by Michael w6 »

Yes, the question was how to install Words. Do I need a password different from my log on password?

And the thread is posted in the Post structural Forum which, as I understand it, is a chat about anything forum. I put music questions on the Whistle Forum. We're safe... I think.
A moment of carelessness, a lifetime of regret.
A lifetime of carelessness, a moment of regret.
fatmac
Tell us something.: Kickbiker - at over 70!
:lol:

Post by fatmac »

From my long ago MS experience, you just agree to the restrictive licencing, install it, & run it.

But then, I switched to 'freedom' way back in 1999. :D

(Linux & BSD user)
Keith.
Trying to do justice to my various musical instruments.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Michael w6 wrote:And the thread is posted in the Post structural Forum which, as I understand it, is a chat about anything forum. I put music questions on the Whistle Forum. We're safe... I think.
Yes, you're safe. Cats, dogs, beer, weather, cars, gardening, hobbies, computer issues, what have you - just look at the range of topic titles and you should get the idea. It's why we call it the Pub.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
Tunborough
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Tunborough »

You need to create a new account at https://office.com, and add the product you've purchased to that account. If you've purchased a download rather than a subscription, adding the product key will generate a button to install the product that will lead you through the process. It's been a while, so I've forgotten the exact process, and what MS calls the steps in the process.