Foot operated drone

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
benhall.1
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Re: Foot operated drone

Post by benhall.1 »

whistlecollector wrote:What you need is a basse aux pieds. Works well with a concertina, so why not flute or fiddle?
As I said somewhere above, I do think I'd like one of those things, but I don't think it will do what I'm after. It won't produce a drone, and that's the main thing. That's because it doesn't have an air reservoir (or whatever the proper term is). So the foot bass will produce a decent bass line, but will constantly need to be topped up by releasing the pedal, at which point the sound ceases, so it won't produce a drone.

Here's what I wrote above:
benhall.1 wrote:
Mr.Gumby wrote:My first thought was either a shruti box or a Foot Bass.
I've had a good look at this. The foot bass looks excellent. It would be great to have, and I could certainly use it. I think I'm going to resist though, as it looks to me as if its primary purpose is to play a bass line, and it wouldn't really produce a steady drone, because it doesn't have the kind of 'air reservoir' to produce a steady drone that the shruti box does. Mind you, I like the idea of being able to play a bass line!