Youtube

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
chas
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Youtube

Post by chas »

Just when I think I've plumbed the depths of youtube, there's something new to discover. I got into the whole folk-music thing through the mountain dulcimer. I discovered Richard and Mimi Farina when I was probably 12-13, built some dulcimers, discovered Steeleye Span, Planxty, etc., in my late teens-early 20's. Given that Richard died 52 years ago, it's no wonder that it's difficult to find footage of them.

I'd seen some clips of their appearance on the Pete Seeger show, but the whole thing is now on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMxtuGale1Y

I'm absolutely overjoyed at finding this. I watched it tonight on the spur of the moment and will undoubtedly play it through the TV and stereo in the next few days.

I assume that all of the Pete Seeger episodes are on YT now. I was a tot when it was on, so don't remember it at all, but there are some great guests.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
an seanduine

Re: Youtube

Post by an seanduine »

Not exactly on topic, but I must ask, Have you been down so long, it's beginning to look like up to you (me)?
:P Bob
Not everything you can count, counts. And not everything that counts, can be counted

The Expert's Mind has few possibilities.
The Beginner's mind has endless possibilities.
Shunryu Suzuki, Roshi
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

Yep, me and Jim Morrison.

I read the book a couple of times in high school/college. I doubt it would be up my alley much any more, but I really enjoyed it 40 years ago.

Cheers!
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Estrella
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I love Irish music and I would like to join the boards and participate in conversations. I fell in love with the Irish music after visiting Dublin 5 years ago.

Post by Estrella »

This is just amazing. So glad people are putting stuff like this on Youtube!
I think these affordable probiotics are the best so check them out.
swizzlestick
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by swizzlestick »

Thank you, Chas!

This is like audio gold. Watching this episode now and will be going through the other episodes in the next few weeks.

Although I saw Pete Seeger live several times, I had no idea that he ever had a show.
All of us contain Music & Truth, but most of us can't get it out. -- Mark Twain