The pleasures of Spring

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
chas
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

The pleasures of Spring

Post by chas »

I wear glasses, but it was virtually unbearable cycling today with a pollen count of about 3000. After a few miles/kilometers it felt like I had sandpaper in my eyes.

Then, after about 15 minutes, a yellow jacket stung me in the top of my left thigh. I persevered for about two minutes, but had to ditch the ride and walk back. It was just too painful right where the sting was, which is where the leg is bending and the skin is expanding and contracting.

I'll have to put Stravinsky on tonight.
Last edited by chas on Thu May 03, 2018 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Re: The pleasures of Spring

Post by Nanohedron »

Sounds like they've got it in for you.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Stingin'. :(
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
AuLoS303
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I have a fascination for musical instruments of all kinds, and though I'm not a very good player I have a small collection of acoustic instruments including 5 recorders, 3 tin whistles , 3 guitars and 2 ukuleles.

Post by AuLoS303 »

Ouch! A few years ago I was trimming some garden shrubs and I got stung by 3 wasps in succession. Extremely painful!
You can play beautiful music on an ugly flute
My musical endeavours on my blog
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

The other day, at the same place I was nailed by the yellow jacket, an evidently nesting goose flew right into me. I was just past it and doing about 25, so it was a glancing blow.

The current pleasure of spring is rain. Nasty storms Monday and Tuesday, all-day rain yesterday and today. It's supposed to last thru Saturday, when my brother and I are running a half marathon. Two years ago the same race, we had a nasty storm on race day. It was about 50-55, hard rain, and probably a steady 15-20 mile an hour wind. They hand out space blankets at the ends of races when it's cool. Didn't do a bit of good in those conditions. I'm hoping it's a bit warmer Saturday, but we'll see.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.