Latest earworm - classical. Help!!!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
benhall.1
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Latest earworm - classical. Help!!!

Post by benhall.1 »

I know I know this. And well. But I can't for the life of me remember what it is. I also can't remember the key, so we'll pretend it's in C, shall we? :)

G4 A,>B,C>D | E>FG2- G2G2 | G2G2 G2G2 | G>AG>A G4 |

I know who I think the composer is, but Deb thinks I'm being silly and, just in case I am, I'd rather not say. I will admit in the end, though. (I think he begins with 'B'.)
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.

Re: Latest earworm - classical. Help!!!

Post by benhall.1 »

benhall.1 wrote:I know I know this. And well. But I can't for the life of me remember what it is. I also can't remember the key, so we'll pretend it's in C, shall we? :)

G4 A,>B,C>D | E>FG2- G2G2 | G2G2 G2G2 | G>AG>A G4 |

I know who I think the composer is, but Deb thinks I'm being silly and, just in case I am, I'd rather not say. I will admit in the end, though. (I think he begins with 'B'.)
Never mind. Got it. It's Sibelius. From the Karelia Suite. :) It's the finale.
Peter Duggan
Tell us something.: I'm not registering, I'm trying to edit my profile! The field “Tell us something.” is too short, a minimum of 100 characters is required.

Post by Peter Duggan »

Now you say so, it's obvious. But I was struggling with your ABC (guessed you had Gs in two different octaves) and nearly asked if we could have it in simple staff notation!
And we in dreams behold the Hebrides.

Master of nine?
benhall.1

Post by benhall.1 »

Peter Duggan wrote:Now you say so, it's obvious. But I was struggling with your ABC (guessed you had Gs in two different octaves) and nearly asked if we could have it in simple staff notation!
Sorry. I only had that phrase in my head, and yes, it was a bit imprecise.

Funny, I thought you would get it straight away. :)
Peter Duggan
Tell us something.: I'm not registering, I'm trying to edit my profile! The field “Tell us something.” is too short, a minimum of 100 characters is required.

Post by Peter Duggan »

benhall.1 wrote:Funny, I thought you would get it straight away. :)
I know all the works of Bibelius! :P
And we in dreams behold the Hebrides.

Master of nine?
benhall.1

Post by benhall.1 »

Peter Duggan wrote:
benhall.1 wrote:Funny, I thought you would get it straight away. :)
I know all the works of Bibelius! :P
Very good. :)