Craic

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
AaronFW
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I started with playing bamboo flutes. But I transitioned to primarily playing the Boehm flute a few lessons ago with the aim of getting good music instruction. However, I've been transitioning to playing Irish Traditional Music on simple flutes.

Re: Craic

Post by AaronFW »

awildman wrote:Hurry up and settle in so you can invite us all to your inaugural session. :lol:

FWIW, use caution if you hire a duct cleaning company. I've seen a couple exposes on that industry. They're sort of the Jiffy Lube of the HVAC world. No offense to anybody, of course. Caution is in order with all service providers.
I think we are going to hire somebody to do it. We found a local company that seems legit. Though I am curious, what do some people do in the air-vent industry according to your exposes?

As for the session; the one bad thing about that room right now is that it used to be where the last residents would smoke. I'm also trying to remove the smell and carcinogens as they bother me a fair bit. Otherwise, if you guys come out, I will provide the beer. :)

Edit: After asking about the air-vent industry, I began watching videos from NADCA (National Air Duct Cleaning Association) and reading some stuff on their website. I don't know much more about the scams but I do know a bit more regarding the NADCA certified processes. :o
Last edited by AaronFW on Sat May 05, 2018 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AaronFW
Tell us something.: I started with playing bamboo flutes. But I transitioned to primarily playing the Boehm flute a few lessons ago with the aim of getting good music instruction. However, I've been transitioning to playing Irish Traditional Music on simple flutes.

Post by AaronFW »

In regards to scams, you guys may also enjoy this TED Talk by James Veitch regarding responding to scam emails: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QdPW8JrYzQ
awildman

Post by awildman »

Aaron, it's been awhile, so I can't remember the specifics. Rather than being a full-blown scam, it was more on the order of trying to upsell things that weren't really needed and not doing the full work they were billing for.
AaronFW

Post by AaronFW »

awildman wrote:Aaron, it's been awhile, so I can't remember the specifics. Rather than being a full-blown scam, it was more on the order of trying to upsell things that weren't really needed and not doing the full work they were billing for.
Ah alright. Sure. The NADCA had a short video on fraud and they also publish literature on avoiding fraud. (I think some companies offer a low price but then charge over and above that.) There were also some videos as to what a NADCA approved technician is supposed to do to clean the ducts. NADCA listed the guy I've contacted, so I am hopeful he is the real deal. :)