It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:58 am
Posts: 1307
Location: None
Top story from West Somerset Free Press. I especially like the picture of the hedge.

_________________
Phill

Press any key to continue, any other key to exit.......


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Posts: 3604
Location: Los Angeles
It was either go with that, or a picture of the horse.

_________________
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
http://www.worldtrad.org


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:58 am
Posts: 1307
Location: None
Knowing WSFP it is a stock photo of 'a hedge', not even one of 'the hedge'. Part of my bemusement is the apparent need for a photo, any photo.

Still, I rather like living where there is no news (we get a lot of 'cat rescued from tree', and 'firemen called to suspected chimney fire').

_________________
Phill

Press any key to continue, any other key to exit.......


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:39 pm
Posts: 2488
Location: Kinlochleven
The use of marginally-relevant stock photos seems to be increasingly common in even supposedly quality publications these days. I've seen just as stupid as this before, but can't remember exactly where.

_________________
And we in dreams behold the Hebrides.

Why I teach... and where
Master of nine?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:19 pm
Posts: 81
Location: Bitter-cold Michigan
DrPhill wrote:
Still, I rather like living where there is no news (we get a lot of 'cat rescued from tree', and 'firemen called to suspected chimney fire').

That is the sort of place I'd like to live. The news around here is often negative, sometimes almost to the point that it's depressing.

_________________
Whistle No.1: Walton's Irish, soprano D
Whistle No. 2: green Feadóg Original, soprano D


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:58 am
Posts: 1307
Location: None
Dan A. wrote:
DrPhill wrote:
Still, I rather like living where there is no news (we get a lot of 'cat rescued from tree', and 'firemen called to suspected chimney fire').

That is the sort of place I'd like to live. The news around here is often negative, sometimes almost to the point that it's depressing.


I imagine the youngsters here find it boring, though, and there is not much in the way of career or opportunity.

_________________
Phill

Press any key to continue, any other key to exit.......


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:49 pm
Posts: 101
DrPhill wrote:
Dan A. wrote:
DrPhill wrote:
Still, I rather like living where there is no news (we get a lot of 'cat rescued from tree', and 'firemen called to suspected chimney fire').

That is the sort of place I'd like to live. The news around here is often negative, sometimes almost to the point that it's depressing.


I imagine the youngsters here find it boring, though, and there is not much in the way of career or opportunity.


What industries are in West Somerset?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:58 am
Posts: 1307
Location: None
AaronFW wrote:
What industries are in West Somerset?


Farming, Tourism, Griping. Some small stuff servicing the farmers and locals, but not much of wider importance - though Minehead has a notable maker of bagpipes, iirc.

_________________
Phill

Press any key to continue, any other key to exit.......


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:51 pm
Posts: 6792
Location: Directly above the centre of the Earth (UK)
Time was it were apples, like, and cider. :poke:

_________________
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.100s | 13 Queries | GZIP : On ]
(dh)