Live chat.

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Whistling Willie
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I love whistling and I have been a member of this forum for many years now.I have found it very informative and helpful over the years that I have been here.

Live chat.

Post by Whistling Willie »

Hi everyone.Does the live chat not work anymore?
"Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated"
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Re: Live chat.

Post by Nanohedron »

You know, I have no idea. I never took to it so I never paid attention. I have been under the impression, though, that for some time now it's hardly used any more, if ever. I expect Twitter and Facebook would have taken care of that gig.

Chat users raise your hands...
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
Sirchronique
Tell us something.: I like whistles, flutes, lyres, cittern/mandolin/bouzouki family instruments, as well as heavy and nasty slap bass. Languages, linguistics, history (especially Migration Period and Bronze Age Europe), cuisine from various parts of Latin America, chili growing, bushcraft, and the works of JRR Tolkien also tickle my fancy.

Post by Sirchronique »

Works fine for me. I got on there a couple of times in the past 3 months, and someone else was on there. In fact, I just now logged on, and another person is on there.

Though, yes, I rarely ever try to log onto it. Usually a couple times per year, or so.. Agreed, is a bit more obsolete now with Facebook and whatnot..
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Nanohedron wrote: I expect Twitter and Facebook would have taken care of that gig.

What is twitter & facebook? :-?
''Whistles of Wood'', cpvc and brass. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69086
Tor

Post by Tor »

I wasn't aware of that Live chat until today.. now I see a link at the top of the forum. Trying now.. OK I'm alone in there, it looks like the channel was re-created when I entered (as it would, if it's been some time since it was in use).

-Tor
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

Tommy wrote:
Nanohedron wrote: I expect Twitter and Facebook would have taken care of that gig.

Now that you mention it, I'm not entirely sure, myself.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
Alan
Tell us something.: From the land beyond beyond. From the time past hope and fear. I bid you, Genie, now appear! Well, the Genie did not appear but the notification to type at least 100 characters did so I am back and typing some more as you, if anyone actually sees this, can probably tell.

Post by Alan »

Not been on the fora for some time but am in the chat just about every night from 8 to midnight Pacific time plus or minus. Usually there by myself except for a bot.
Alan
Tell us something.: From the land beyond beyond. From the time past hope and fear. I bid you, Genie, now appear! Well, the Genie did not appear but the notification to type at least 100 characters did so I am back and typing some more as you, if anyone actually sees this, can probably tell.

Post by Alan »

[Thread revival! - Mod]

He isn't a bot. :lol:
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Alan! You're still around!
AaronFW
Tell us something.: I started with playing bamboo flutes. But I transitioned to primarily playing the Boehm flute a few lessons ago with the aim of getting good music instruction. However, I've been transitioning to playing Irish Traditional Music on simple flutes.

Post by AaronFW »

Alan wrote:[Thread revival! - Mod]

He isn't a bot. :lol:
I'm enjoying imagining your conversations:
Alan: "Oh bot, I have nobody to talk to but you. No one to share my sorrows with but you."
Not-A-Bot: "Yeah, well. I am glad you still come to the chat."
Alan "I'm glad you are always here too."
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

Just tried it. I think there's one other person in there. It's a bit awkward though, isn't it?
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

Thinking about it, I think the issue is that, unless people are constantly going in there, every new person going in there is initially on their own. And then they won't stay (as I haven't) because there's no-one to talk to. So there's no-one in there, because everyone who goes in comes back out etc.
DrPhill
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by DrPhill »

benhall.1 wrote:Thinking about it, I think the issue is that, unless people are constantly going in there, every new person going in there is initially on their own. And then they won't stay (as I haven't) because there's no-one to talk to. So there's no-one in there, because everyone who goes in comes back out etc.
Maybe it needs more ambience? Free drinks, muzac, comfy chairs.....
Nanohedron wrote:
Tommy wrote:

Now that you mention it, I'm not entirely sure, myself.
Just did a search for facebook... but mistyped and searched for 'faece' . Oddly enough the first half dozen hits were for facebook. From now on I will think of it as faecebook. When I think of it at all.
Phill

One does not equal two. Not even for very large values of one.
an seanduine

Post by an seanduine »

Dinna fash yersel. . . :D

Bob
Not everything you can count, counts. And not everything that counts, can be counted

The Expert's Mind has few possibilities.
The Beginner's mind has endless possibilities.
Shunryu Suzuki, Roshi