Dumb Posts

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Re: Dumb Posts

Post by Nanohedron »

chas wrote:To paraphrase Inigo Montoya, I don't think (necessary stabilizers) means what you think it means.
Nor, apparently, does "100% Pure".

O tempora. O mores.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
AaronFW
Tell us something.: I started with playing bamboo flutes. But I transitioned to primarily playing the Boehm flute a few lessons ago with the aim of getting good music instruction. However, I've been transitioning to playing Irish Traditional Music on simple flutes.

Post by AaronFW »

chas wrote:
AaronFW wrote:Also, Nanohedron; I have on order a 6-keyed flute in mopani. I’ll let you know if it gets mistaken for anything. I doubt anyone will guess clarinet, but it will be interested to see what responses it gets.
The mopane could be mistaken for some kind of rosewood, in which case customs could impound it.
That is good to know. For my reference, is there any real way to prevent that? (The flute is being made by Terry McGee; I suspect he’ll know what precautions are necessary; but it is good for me to know what precautions can be taken.)
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

AaronFW wrote:That is good to know. For my reference, is there any real way to prevent that? (The flute is being made by Terry McGee; I suspect he’ll know what precautions are necessary; but it is good for me to know what precautions can be taken.)
Contact Terry and find out. You'll involve yourself in the process that way.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician