Bing and Google are registered users?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Peter Duggan
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm not registering, I'm trying to edit my profile! The field “Tell us something.” is too short, a minimum of 100 characters is required.

Bing and Google are registered users?

Post by Peter Duggan »

In total there are 50 users online :: 2 registered, 3 hidden and 45 guests (based on users active over the past 2 minutes)
Most users ever online was 285 on 03 Oct 2010, 03:32

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google
Question as subject line, though I'm guessing it's more a quirk of how phpBB records them?
And we in dreams behold the Hebrides.

Master of nine?
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Re: Bing and Google are registered users?

Post by Nanohedron »

Peter Duggan wrote:Question as subject line, though I'm guessing it's more a quirk of how phpBB records them?
Party crashers. Don't know what phpBB has to do with it, if anything. Maybe there's an agreement. Total known search engine bots here: Google, Yahoo!, Baidu, and Bing. Don't know if Yahoo!'s still around these days; I haven't really noticed. I call 'em ghosts, because unlike the rest, for me their names present in a gray-colored font. They never registered, at least with the Board; they just ... materialized.

I wrote some doggerel about them; "Google, Yahoo!, Baidu and Bing" has too much snap to resist. Once the Search function recombobulation is over, maybe I'll regale you with it. :twisted:
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
Brus

Post by Brus »

Nanohedron wrote: I wrote some doggerel about them; "Google, Yahoo!, Baidu and Bing" has too much snap to resist.
The doggerel wouldn't be based on "Christ, Marx, Wood and Wei", would it?
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur. (Anything is more impressive if you say it in Latin)
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Brus wrote:
Nanohedron wrote: I wrote some doggerel about them; "Google, Yahoo!, Baidu and Bing" has too much snap to resist.
The doggerel wouldn't be based on "Christ, Marx, Wood and Wei", would it?
Just had to Google that. No, not one whit, but I like its framework. It would have been better satire if I had based it on that. I just now searched and found my poetaster's work, but it's best read in context, and that means opening dark recesses of the Admin world to light. And besides, it's even worse than my usual, so now I'm disinclined, if it's all the same to you. It came straight out of my own spongy little head, and that can be dangerous, to say nothing of being an offense to lovers of actual poetry.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician