Not new, but am back after a long absence

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
AdrienneB
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Just returning after a long absence to update a profile that's too old to be served a kids' meal. :)

Not new, but am back after a long absence

Post by AdrienneB »

Hello!

I am at once a long-time member and also brand-new, because I took a ten-year detour from whistles and flute into the world of the great Highland bagpipe. Never entirely stopped with the Irish music, and now I'm getting back into playing what I was playing, and showing up when I can at the nearest session. And no, I didn't get rid of the GHB's, I just stopped competing. (Pipers will understand. :) )

First, I wouldn't be playing whistle OR flute without the help of the original Chiff and Fipple site, plus the discussion board, back in the day. With extremely limited local resources at the time, you guys were the best source of good information on the subject. THANKS! I've taken what I learned here, run with it, found more instruction and a few workshops, and am having a grand time with the music that has become a lifelong hobby.

Also, my, how the board has modernized! This is going to be fun.

Adrienne
benhall.1
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Re: Not new, but am back after a long absence

Post by benhall.1 »

Welcome back, Adrienne! I hope you do find it fun. I usually find something in it somewhere every day. Folks round here are constantly teaching me things. Which is great! :)