Hurricane watch ''Harvey''

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Tommy
antispam: No

Hurricane watch ''Harvey''

Post by Tommy »

Several days ago tropical storm Harvey moved into the Gulf Of Mexico. Harvey grew from a tropical storm to a cat 4 hurrican and passed over Rockport Texas. Then droped back down to a wide spread tropical storm with non stop rain. It then began moving slowly across Texas. Leaving behind flooding. The sun is shining here in Santa Fe, Texas this morning. However Harvey is now moving up the Texas, Louisiana border still pouring flooding rain. Port Aruther made an evacuation center with hundreds inside and last night Harvey passed over and flooded it with several feet of rain. The people inside were standing along the walls with cots floating. I don't know if they have been moved yet. Rescue workers are having to follow the storm leaving others behind. We have had over 50'' of rain. Thousands of homes under water. I don't know what the rest of the US is seeing on TV about the storm but here there are several TV stations with non stop coverage. It is not over yet just moving.
''Whistles of Wood'', cpvc and brass. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69086
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Re: Hurricane watch ''Harvey''

Post by Nanohedron »

Tommy wrote:I don't know what the rest of the US is seeing on TV about the storm but here there are several TV stations with non stop coverage. It is not over yet just moving.
It's being regularly covered on the news in Minnesota, so I assume it's on the news everywhere in the States. Hard, hard times for those affected.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: Hurricane watch ''Harvey''

Post by chas »

Our thoughts are with you and all those affected in Texas, Tommy. In addition to the national media, it's widely covered locally because several local counties have specialized search and rescue teams down in TX.

The day I graduated college, my home environs got about 20" of rain, and probably a dozen dams burst. I can't imagine 4 feet of rain in a few days. I understand and work with big numbers, but I really can't get my head around that much rain.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.