Every home should have one.

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Innocent Bystander
antispam: No

Every home should have one.

Post by Innocent Bystander »

The book "Ukulele Ceilidh" by "Granny Franny" (Fran Gray).
I spent a long weekend in Orkney recently and picked up a copy of this for a friend of mine. I just fell in love with the title. I got the Ukulele World Tour by the same person.
I tried and failed to find a picture of the book online. I have one myself, but nowhere to put it (that C&F can access). Whatever happened to photobucket (rhetorical)?

Yes, I am adding the ukulele to the list of instruments that I can almost play. :poke:
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
benhall.1
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Re: Every home should have one.

Post by benhall.1 »

Innocent Bystander wrote:I tried and failed to find a picture of the book online. I have one myself, but nowhere to put it (that C&F can access). Whatever happened to photobucket (rhetorical)?
AuLoS303 said much the same recently. I still use Photobucket regularly and it works fine for me. It is true that I mostly access it from a laptop, but I used it from a phone not all that long ago and it worked fine. It definitely still works fine from a laptop though, if that's any use.

Other than that, how about box.net? Flickr? Dropbox?
s1m0n
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by s1m0n »

I generally just Google "imagehost" and pick one at random. From a user's POV they're not different enough to make it worth remembering a name.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

It was Flickr, actually, now that I recall. I used up my allotment of space and am too cheap to pay for more. I could delete some of the images that are there but I don wanna.

Anyway, if you picture to yourself the front page of a tunebook with the title "Ukulele Ceilidh" and a small picture of a smiling thistle (you know, so you know it's scottish) you've got it.
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
s1m0n
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by s1m0n »

Innocent Bystander wrote:It was Flickr, actually, now that I recall. I used up my allotment of space and am too cheap to pay for more. I could delete some of the images that are there but I don wanna.
Any imagehost will do the same for you without requiring an account or charging anything.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
AuLoS303
Tell us something.: I have a fascination for musical instruments of all kinds, and though I'm not a very good player I have a small collection of acoustic instruments including 5 recorders, 3 tin whistles , 3 guitars and 2 ukuleles.

Post by AuLoS303 »

benhall.1 wrote:
Innocent Bystander wrote:I tried and failed to find a picture of the book online. I have one myself, but nowhere to put it (that C&F can access). Whatever happened to photobucket (rhetorical)?
AuLoS303 said much the same recently. I still use Photobucket regularly and it works fine for me. It is true that I mostly access it from a laptop, but I used it from a phone not all that long ago and it worked fine. It definitely still works fine from a laptop though, if that's any use.

Other than that, how about box.net? Flickr? Dropbox?
Photo bucket does work as it happens, it's just painfully slow and ad - ridden. Also the photo bucket app is totally different to the web version, it's more of a social media app like flicker. But in the app none of my photos are there. I have to use the website version.
You can play beautiful music on an ugly flute
My musical endeavours on my blog
AuLoS303
Tell us something.: I have a fascination for musical instruments of all kinds, and though I'm not a very good player I have a small collection of acoustic instruments including 5 recorders, 3 tin whistles , 3 guitars and 2 ukuleles.

Post by AuLoS303 »

Innocent Bystander wrote:The book "Ukulele Ceilidh" by "Granny Franny" (Fran Gray).
I spent a long weekend in Orkney recently and picked up a copy of this for a friend of mine. I just fell in love with the title. I got the Ukulele World Tour by the same person.
I tried and failed to find a picture of the book online. I have one myself, but nowhere to put it (that C&F can access). Whatever happened to photobucket (rhetorical)?

Yes, I am adding the ukulele to the list of instruments that I can almost play. :poke:
I got a ukulele in 2014 and am now reasonably competent with it. It does require a set up doing on it though as it has intonation issues which I will be getting done next week all being well.
You can play beautiful music on an ugly flute
My musical endeavours on my blog