Just saying hello

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Marjorie
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a beginning whistle player and find this forum fascinating and full of helpful information. I'm interested in learning everything I can about whistles and whistling. I'm learning on my own with method books, youtube and lots of trial and error. No whistle teachers or sessions near where I live.

Just saying hello

Post by Marjorie »

So, I'm new to the forum and new to the whistle. I've been lurking for 3 or 4 months now and finally today I decided to register and say 'hi'. I started playing the whistle in October, I'm basically learning on my own using a "how to" book and videos and I've become addicted to your forum and the session. I just discovered the dental haiku section and I'm working frantically hoping to contribute.

Thanks for all the great information and topics !
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: Just saying hello

Post by brewerpaul »

Welcome! It's a fun little instrument, isn't it? My best advice is to listen to lots and lots of whistle music, and Irish Traditional music in general, assuming that's the kind of music you're interested in.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Marjorie wrote:So, I'm new to the forum and new to the whistle. I've been lurking for 3 or 4 months now and finally today I decided to register and say 'hi'. I started playing the whistle in October, I'm basically learning on my own using a "how to" book and videos and I've become addicted to your forum and the session. I just discovered the dental haiku section and I'm working frantically hoping to contribute.

Thanks for all the great information and topics !
Welcome.
Much of real life can be found in a whistle.
It is the beginning of a good life.

Most of us entered here.

The small door to heaven ;)

You will not be disappointed.

Welcome.
All the best!

mitch
http://www.ozwhistles.com
Marjorie
Tell us something.: I'm a beginning whistle player and find this forum fascinating and full of helpful information. I'm interested in learning everything I can about whistles and whistling. I'm learning on my own with method books, youtube and lots of trial and error. No whistle teachers or sessions near where I live.

Post by Marjorie »

Thanks for your warm welcome !