Prayer Request For Doc Jones

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
oleorezinator
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I love uilleann pipes I love tin whistles I love flutes I love irish music I love concertinas I love bodhrans

Post by oleorezinator »

Dear Fellow Forumites,
I received this email from HomeGrown Herbalist, LLC this morning.
Doc Jones is a long standing member of this forum and former owner and founder
of the irish flute store. Doc is without a doubt as good and decent a man as you'll ever meet.
You know what to do
doc at homegrownherbalist.net

My dear friends, I'm in pretty bad shape today.
Doctor thinks I may have a ruptured bowel or appendix or some such.
Sending me to the ER for a CT scan. Pretty severe pain.
I'd be grateful for your prayers.
Doc Jones.
doc at homegrownherbalist.net

Thanks,
O
Information is not knowledge.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love.
Love is not music. Music is the best.
- Frank Zappa
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Re: Prayer Request For Doc Jones

Post by benhall.1 »

Thinking of him, and thanks for alerting us.
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

Definitely. Hang in there, Doc!
Byll
Tell us something.: Long ago, I was told that I faked iTrad whistle work very well. I took that comment to heart. 20 years of private lessons - and many, many hours of rehearsal later - I certainly hope I have improved...

Post by Byll »

I have been fortunate to have had much contact with Patrick over the years. Such a kind and remarkable man. Prayers have been - and will be - said.
'Everything Matters...'
Lisa Diane Cope 1963-1979
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

We're pulling for you, Doc.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Jayhawk
Tell us something.: Well, just trying to update my avatar after a decade. Hope this counts! Ok, so apparently I must babble on longer.

Post by Jayhawk »

Definitely in my thoughts and prayers! Truly a good man.
Cayden
Tell us something.: I play high and low whistle with Traditional Irish Music being my focus of interest. I love Irish music and consider it as a direct connection to my Irish heritage. I enjoy participation in whistle tours, chatting with other players, and learning much from the many talented folks that frequent C & F.

Post by Cayden »

So very sorry to hear of this. Doc Jones is a real humanitarian, a respected practitioner of veterinary medicine, and a steadfast supporter of Irish culture and music.

Prayers out to ye Doc.

Sincere regards,
Cayden
"TEAM TRAD" Pro Staff
Official Life Member of DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY
"Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, and Andrea Corr, each a Whistle Goddess in her own right"!
rhulsey

Post by rhulsey »

This just arrived from the good Dr. himself:

Dear Friends,

I am alive and well and home from the hospital. My appendix was ruptured when I arrived at the ER Tuesday and they rushed me into surgery.

There have been a number of attendant miracles in this case that I, as a surgeon myself, cannot explain in any way other than Divine intervention which was very likely prompted by all of your faithful prayers and good thoughts. I'll document some of it later when I have a bit more energy.

Thank-you so much for your friendship and for your support, not only of HomeGrown Herbalist, but also of me in my personal hour of need.

God Bless You All and Merry Christmas!

Doc Jones
"Those who can make you believe absurdities
can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Good news!

Tell Doc to drop me a line some time. We'll trade ruptured appendix war stories. :)
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

Nanohedron wrote:Good news!

Tell Doc to drop me a line some time. We'll trade ruptured appendix war stories. :)
It is good news indeed. :)
s1m0n
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by s1m0n »

It sounds like a unpleasant week all round. I'm pleased that you're coming out of it with all sass intact.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
mickey66
Tell us something.: I am a Professional Musician in Phx, Az. Lived in Calif(Hollywood) for about 10 years(1970's) working in the studios and on the road with stars of the day. Started to follow my roots which took me back to the old country and the Irish Tin Whistle. I wound up here on C&F forum!

Post by mickey66 »

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Doc!
Byll
Tell us something.: Long ago, I was told that I faked iTrad whistle work very well. I took that comment to heart. 20 years of private lessons - and many, many hours of rehearsal later - I certainly hope I have improved...

Post by Byll »

Wonderful news! Get better quickly please, Doc. Lots of fuzzers out there need your skill and dedication.
The very best to you, Sir.
Byll
'Everything Matters...'
Lisa Diane Cope 1963-1979
Foxhole Atheist
Tell us something.: I'm a longtime flute and whistle player (ten years or so). Beginner uilleann pipe player (although I have been an 'owner' for several years).

Post by Foxhole Atheist »

I have been away from these forums for many years, and have recently rejoined (under a new name since since I have forgotten my old login info). This is my first post since re-joining.
I recognize a few of the old-timers here (hello Simon), but feel the need to reply in support of Doc Jones. I clearly remember him as a good and kind man, and as an advocate of children.
I am glad to hear that you survived your ordeal with appendicitis. It is no joke, and it is with good reason that astronauts are required to have them removed before space travel.
Sláinte agus saol agat