SPAM from TATTOO CHIEF

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
brewerpaul
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

SPAM from TATTOO CHIEF

Post by brewerpaul »

This morning I got an email from someone/something called TATTOO CHIEF, regarding a Pain-o-meter. I am not making this up. It was apparently sent to the Chiff and Fipple mailing list. I didn't actually open the email, but AOL lets users view the message source and this was clearly and obviously SPAM. Don't open it if you find it in your mailbox.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
benhall.1
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Re: SPAM from TATTOO CHIEF

Post by benhall.1 »

brewerpaul wrote:This morning I got an email from someone/something called TATTOO CHIEF, regarding a Pain-o-meter. I am not making this up. It was apparently sent to the Chiff and Fipple mailing list. I didn't actually open the email, but AOL lets users view the message source and this was clearly and obviously SPAM. Don't open it if you find it in your mailbox.
I never understand quite how these things work. I didn't get one of these and I'm pretty sure it didn't end up in my Spam folder either. Sometimes I have received Spam apparently coming from someone in my own address book. Turns out that they've somehow copied the address in my address book and made it look like it's come from them. My contact in these cases has not been infected at all.

I'd be interested to hear if other members have experienced this.
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

When I first saw this, I saw TATTOO CHEF. I was thinking that it's been awhile since I've seen the USDA print on a roast, and maybe this guy could give a rib roast a tat.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

"Pain-o-meter". So not interested.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician