Keith Emerson R.I.P.

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
oleorezinator
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I love uilleann pipes I love tin whistles I love flutes I love irish music I love concertinas I love bodhrans

Keith Emerson R.I.P.

Post by oleorezinator »

Information is not knowledge.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love.
Love is not music. Music is the best.
- Frank Zappa
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: Keith Emerson R.I.P.

Post by chas »

Wow, this is a surprise.

I've never been a huge ELP fan (nor the Strawbs nor the Nice), but have always recognized their artistry and enjoy them more as I age. And Emerson's chops as a keyboardist were beyond reproach.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

FYI, Emerson was not in the Strawbs. You might be thinking of Rick Wakeman.
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

kkrell wrote:FYI, Emerson was not in the Strawbs. You might be thinking of Rick Wakeman.
I was just about to edit -- brain cramp.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Dale »

I was a fan during the progressive rock scare of the late 70s. Saw ELP in concert a couple of times and it was always a hoot. Got to see his giant slab of Moog sprout batwings and launch fireworks. Got to see Emerson sit down at a fake grand piano, strap himself to the bench. The piano then rose high above the stage and flipped end-over-end several times with Emerson pretending to play it. You had to hand it to the guy for showmanship.

Really an immensely talented and interesting guy. A lot of the prog rock giants had incredible technical skills, but uneven musical tastes, to say the best.

Friend of mine met him and said he was a remarkably nice guy.
Cayden
Tell us something.: I play high and low whistle with Traditional Irish Music being my focus of interest. I love Irish music and consider it as a direct connection to my Irish heritage. I enjoy participation in whistle tours, chatting with other players, and learning much from the many talented folks that frequent C & F.

Post by Cayden »

God rest ye Keith Emerson, the world is a better place for ye music. A very sad ending for an amazingly talented musician.

Regrets,
Cayden
"TEAM TRAD" Pro Staff
Official Life Member of DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY
"Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, and Andrea Corr, each a Whistle Goddess in her own right"!