Apologies

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Thomaston
antispam: No

Apologies

Post by Thomaston »

So, I made quite the ass of myself in the flute forum a couple of days ago. I want to extend my sincerest apologies to everyone that was involved in that.
I have long struggled with depression, and suspect it's likely that I have a bit of bipolar disorder as well. That was already not a good day for me due to other reasons, and it culminated with my meltdown in that thread. I don't mean to use that as an excuse, just to hopefully explain where my mind was at at the time.
Anyway, I won't blather on. I hope those of you involved can forgive my behavior. It looks like that thread was deleted, which is probably for the best.
You have all been a huge help and great wealth of valuable knowledge as I've spent the last decade on this Irish trad journey. I wish the best to you all.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Re: Apologies

Post by Nanohedron »

Noted, accepted, and think no more of it. Hope you're going to stick around.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Thomaston

Post by Thomaston »

I certainly plan to if you'll have me!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Well, of course. It was an uncharacteristic moment.

If it were characteristic, that would be another matter, but obviously it ain't.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Peter Duggan
Tell us something.: I'm not registering, I'm trying to edit my profile! The field “Tell us something.” is too short, a minimum of 100 characters is required.

Post by Peter Duggan »

It's good to see you back! :)
And we in dreams behold the Hebrides.

Master of nine?
an seanduine

Post by an seanduine »

"Even Homer nods. . ."
:D but ya gotta hate it when he snores. . . :D

Bob
Not everything you can count, counts. And not everything that counts, can be counted

The Expert's Mind has few possibilities.
The Beginner's mind has endless possibilities.
Shunryu Suzuki, Roshi
s1m0n
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by s1m0n »

Good. I'd worried that we were going to see the last of you. I've had my own struggles with mental health issues, and I'm relieved that you're able so soon to make things better. Don't fear that you've ruined anything at the chippy nipple. We get it. I hope your reconciliation with your session mates & your wife goes as well.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
cboody

Post by cboody »

Welcome back!

I was concerned, since your responses did show what I saw as symptoms of just what you describe. I'm glad you are aware of the issues and wish you well with dealing with them. My daughter is bi-polar, and it can be a serious problem as you well know. I will be happy to cut you plenty of slack if I see you having issues in the future and I'm sure all the others here will also.

Chuck Boody
ytliek
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ytliek »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: