Betcha can't say "Voldemort" ...

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Tor
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Betcha can't say "Voldemort" ...

Post by Tor »

chas wrote: And the singular for zucchini is zucchino. And the plural of pizza is pizzi.
Pizze, if you're from Italy, or want to speak Italian.
Coffee

Post by Coffee »

And the singular for martini is martinus...
"Yes... yes. This is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... This Land."
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

I'm sorry; I'm a whitebread Midwesterner. I just couldn't bring myself to say "zucchino" or "spaghetto" unless Mario Batali was sitting right there.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

There's been a Harry Potter marathon on one of the TV channels. I watched most of the first one, and there they clearly pronounce "Voldemort" with the T. Cut to the fourth one, and there they clearly pronounce it without. That's about all I watched, so I don't know when the change occurred.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician